Gaming All Night

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by JamesD31, Apr 24, 2010.

1. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone want to give me feedback on my website? It is still in beta, but there is 90% of the website up and running. Feel free to give feedback on anything and everything: http://www.gamingallnight.com

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not a gamer but at first look your site looks great. The design is very professional and your ads are very well integrated. The navigation menus are very user-friendly and make it very easy to find what you are looking for on the site.

The "Mobile Games" page shows a big black square, when I visit it from my PC. Can it only be viewed from a mobile device?

The forum is very well integrated with your site and the colour scheme matches perfectly.

Overall the site looks great, good luck with it.

3. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Mobile page and games aren't added yet, the site is still in it's development stages. Though thanks for the review, any ideas on how to promote the site and get more members?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a casual gamer myself and I really like your site. The logo and overall theme is good and eye catching. It really makes your visitors gets interested to browse your site for a long time and play games.

Like Fergal says, when I click on the Mobile Games, it only shows a black screen. You may want to fix that. Or if possible, remove it first from the list until it is fixed.

My only suggestion is to enhance the Register and Log-In links above. Why not make a cool graphics for that?

6. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I will just opt out of the Mobile Games page, or put a "coming soon" thing on there. Like, I am currently adding PC Games and enhancing those pages as well as searches and stuff for PC Games.

Thanks for the feedback though and glad you like it. Free free to use it of course, I have over 700 Flash games and 35+ so far PC games for free to download. I will probably add some more cool graphics to the Register and Login text, I just changed that from what I had before, so that is just a default for now. If you find anything else I should change or take a look at, free free to let me know.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you got a section for games suitable to kids, e.g. those under ten?

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope you could fill up some empty sections on your PC games since it really don't look balanced on the PC Games page if a certain genre/section haven't filled up yet.

I also suggest upload at least 3 games each empty sections first so that it will look balanced with the other sections.

9. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know, I am trying. It takes me a little bit longer to upload PC games than it does for the Flash games due to the fact I edit 1-2 of the images I get as well as other information. Plus, the provider doesn't provide Driving games and such, so it makes it a lot harder to find games for certain genres, which i probably will just opt out for now and fill in later.

Anything else that might need some work?

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess it's the right move for now. Keep it up!
    I'll be sure to suggest your site on my friends. :D

11. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for both the feedback and the help with promoting my site!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

James, glad to hear that you got some assistance. Just a reminder that you are welcome to start a new thread to promote your site in our Member Ads & Marketplace forum.

13. Volux

Volux
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really like the overall design of your website. All I can say it to promote and promote some more. Nothing bad about it at all!

14. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, I am trying, extremely hard. I am surprised I even have that many page views and uniques within the first month. My site's hardly ever take off sadly, like I try but nothing. Though, it is hard to keep working on it when I have client site's I need to finish and finals here are coming up for me (wonderful, only a week left of college). Though, I really do hope my site takes off soon.

If anyone has anymore feedback that is of course always welcomed, also, if you have any innovative ideas let me know! :)

15. AckleyBarr

AckleyBarr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website is quite informative and you have really done very good work regarding its design as well as content.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, it's hard to take off a site when it's still new. Did you know my own blog gain frequent/returning visitors after half a year of hard work?
    BTW, have you already contacted some owners of high traffic gaming sites for link exchanges?

17. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

High traffic gaming sites will probably not do any exchanges to be honest, but it is worth a go. If you know any that actually do I'd love to learn. Also, I took out the stuff that you said I should and fixed up the PC Games page a little to look it look more fuller. I still got to be able to sort by that, which I am thinking about how I want to design to look.

I know it will take a while for it to get off; though I honestly think once the website is "done" and I have this feature I am working on (hence why I am looking for an artist, but I have this girl back at home who will draw stuff for me) I know it will skyrocket hopefully.

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I don't know any gaming/flash game sites that can probably do link exchanges with you. But you can at least try.
    Trying won't do any harm. :D

19. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed, though once I get out of school in a week, I will be home and working on the big feature that I have in mind. It will probably draw in a lot of people.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm excited to see that myself. :D