Gain users on Facebook using Facebook Ads?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by gigsforgurus, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anybody used Facebook ads? How successful were you with your campaign?

I'm currently running Adwords and ran some LinkedIn ads. I found that Adwords was a lot better compared to LinkedIn. However, I don't want to rule Social Media Advertising out. Looking to go into Facebook but would like to see some responses before delving into it

Your help is appreciated!

2. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't used facebook ads, because you need to pay in order to use them and I heard from people who have used them that they cost very much..
    But I use free ways to get traffic through facebook.. so in my opinion, why pay when you can get it for free ..

3. John Peterr

John Peterr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now the success metrics being calculate by using different tools, most of the time people feel that the traffic they get form the social networking sites is not the 100% converting, but the main advantage would be creating the brand awareness.

4. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all your replies! I definitely understand that the whole point of social media is to get free traffic. However, I'm looking specifically to invest some money on actual advertising on Facebook. Any of you know where I can get discount codes to get started (like how Google gives out free $75 adwords promo codes to new account holders)? Much appreciated :)

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instead of using Facebook Ads, why not use a free Facebook alternative, opening a fan page.
    To open one, you can visit this link: http://www.facebook.com/campaign/landing.php?placement=pgall&campaign_id=368885149649&extra_1=auto

The hardest thing to get is your first fans. Invite your friends to join your page and encourage them to suggest your page to their friends. You can also post a widget of your fan page on your own site to let your visitors knew you have created a fan page for it. Frequently update your page to encourage discussions and to get more active users.

6. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm about to try Facebook ads for the first time as well. A client sent me a coupon they received for $500 to try it out. I can't imagine it is nearly as well targeted as Adwords, but I'm interested in what the results will be.

7. gigsforgurus

gigsforgurus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any idea where I can get my hands on these coupons? I would love to start out, but kind of want a "test drive" like how Adwords gives you $100 to try out :D

I'll also look into the Facebook fan page idea. I was thinking of sending the people who see my ads to my Facebook fan page.

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hmm..well don't know about what the Facebook adds will yield and results into...But yes, Facebook have helped me to divert a lot of actual and valued traffic over my blog....that's the thing even I have noticed personally and efficiently!!

9. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know Gigs, sorry! It was sent to the corporate office and they emailed it to me... If I hear of any sources I'll circle back.

10. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read somewhere that you have to keep updating your ADs because your target group see's them so much and there are not that many people advertising. People get bored and need new ads.

11. syed2011

syed2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you provide us some free ways to get traffic to site ... PLEASE:)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse