g affordable office location?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by lolunselin, Aug 22, 2012.

1. lolunselin

lolunselin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I am starting a mobile phone repair business. I have been trying to start out as a home based business but most people do not feel comfortable with me either coming to their home or meeting at a third-party location such as a Starbucks. I really need to have a professional location to get this going. I do not need much space since I am the sole employee as of now. I realize that retail store front is much more than an office or industrial location.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find bargain priced commercial space? It seems like calling a commercial real estate broker might not be the place to find cheap space. Maybe I'm wrong

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The best advice I can give you is to shop around. Look in the classified sections of your local newspapers and do contact your local estate agents. You should find plenty of properties available and get a good understanding as to what the best rates are in your area. You could also place a "wanted" ad in the property section of your local newspaper.

Another option could be to form a partnership with an existing business in your area. Come to an arrangement whereby they collect the phones on your behalf and then give them back to the customer after you have repaired them. You could pay the business an agreed fee for every phone they deal with. They might be glad of the extra business and it would save you the time and cost associated with having your own premises.

If that's a step too far for you, perhaps you can agree to rent a small amount of unused space, within an existing business and set up shop there.

Good luck with it.