From seo point of view, which is better – one big site or several smaller site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by David Parkes, Jan 6, 2014.

1. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From seo GURU point of view,

which website is better, one big site where lots of product and services pages or several smaller site where for one product one small website?

2. RickyVictor

RickyVictor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, One complete website is better than so many micro websites because users will get all information and about all product in a single website. They don't need to search their different queries again and again and Its also simple to optimize one big site instead of several smaller sites.

3. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that you need start working for your potential clients first of all, not for SEO.
    Even if you are top ranked and have poor navigation and bad usability from point of view from your clients that won't help you to increase your sales.

4. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with both of above posts.
    One site is better.
    1. It is better for your users.. They might buy one thing and see another while they are there.
    2. Google will evaluate your website as being more "robust". They will notice you have many products and they will also have many more keywords to add to their list about your website.
    3. It is easier to maintain just one website rather than many.

Probably, it is really good to have a page for each product or each small group of products. Each page is then optimized for keywords.

• Like Like x 1
    #4 RoseAb, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  5. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think one big site works better for SEO as that site contains all the relevant information and also that site has has high PR or more backlinks as more and more people use to visit these type of sites.

6. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your site is punished by google then all efforts on a single website comes down and in this case smaller website comes to profit....