From 95% sure closed to what happened?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Llangollen IT, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Llangollen IT

Llangollen IT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a small business owner and I handle the Sales and Admin for my IT business. In light of the current economic climate over the last few years I chose to operate my business remotely and allow my IT engineers to commute from there homes to our clients and work from there homes when they were not onsite. This migration was done over 2 years ago. So I'm working on a new business opp for my company involving a new engineering firm. They are a well established organization with over 40 years of success but they are fairly small. A perfect sized organization for outsourcing all of there IT to us which I was told they were 95% sure they wanted to do with us. They wanted to know more about us so we sent them a list of our staff with there areas of expertise and qualifications. I'm working with there operations manager and during a follow up call he says he drove by our location and no one was there. I explained the business model we moved and they way we work remotely. We still have the brick and mortar location we just don't work out of it anymore. It's more for storage now. This is something that has become a real issue for him. I recently met with him to show him how capable we are in our field going over our services, reports and how we manage IT systems but he still wants some form of assurance that if we go under or become insolvent then they will have some re-course of action or not be left without support. Any ideas on how I could appease this request. It does not have to be ironclad of course and they are not asking us to change our business model but they want some form of assurance.

2. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's an interesting one, you should have thought about this kind of situation before. But if you sign a contract with them, it means that everything is on paper, a contract IS an assurance that your company agrees to provide a certain level of service - what else do they need?

3. Llangollen IT

Llangollen IT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes stating the obvious helps. You are correct. I think they are looking for something contractual. The company in question does not have much experience with IT Projects or IT service companies like mine so they are not familiar with what in my field we call SLA's or service level agreements. I think an SLA along with some contractual agreements catered to there specific needs will go along way towards addressing there concerns.