Friends or enemies?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Constantin, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever been in that situation when you came up with something that seemed to be a brilliant idea and those around would say "It will never work!"?

In most of the cases they don't even listen to what you have to say in your "defense", they don't let you explain WHY it would work.

Also, they they may have no experience whatsoever in that domain, but they do have a well formed opinion about the subject.

What are they in this case: best friends, for trying to protect you or enemies for trying to ruin your dreams?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think that good friends will often try to protect us from doing something that they consider foolish and that this can come across as being negative. It doesn't mean that they are an enemy, just that they feel that the idea will not work and that we would put ourselves at risk if we pursued it. Lots of people are naturally cautious and will have a natural inclination to be suspicious of anything new or different. Obviously that doesn't mean that they are right and the world wouldn't have progressed very much if adventurers and innovators were not prepared to take chances and explore the unknown.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes the people who don't listen to my ideas can be right or wrong. I personally listen to myself and think If I can achieve this logically. Nothing is impossible and be achieved with hard-work, dedication and skill. But I do listen to suggestions or critics. But I don't allow those words to hamper me or ruin something that can be really a good idea. It's judgmental for me and I just listen to them and decide.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are sharing your idea with people and even though you know they have knowledge and experience in what your saying, they seem like they are putting you off, or steering you away from the idea, doesn't mean they are your enemy. As Fergal said they could just be protecting you and making sure you don't make any wrong decisions, as that is what good friends are for. It would be a totally different story if you told them something, they acted as if they didn't want to know, and they then went on to use that information as if it was there own.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, there are two main situations when someone would disagree with an idea:

1. When they truly believe that the idea itself is bad
    2. When they think that the idea may be OK and it may work, but they do not fully trust in somebody's capacity to materialize it (to put it into practice and make it work).

However, in very rare cases it probably happens that advisers show lack of confidence in someone else's idea as they follow their own interests (they wouldn't want to see that person becoming successful - envy, they would like to use the idea for themselves and they try to eliminate the competition etc.)

6. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Constantin! I think everyone would have been in that situation. I too have felt many times. Sometimes I cried and did what they wanted against my believes and I failed too, that I knew. And you know the credit of being failed was putted on my head. Hey we are in the same world, it is just the boundaries of countries separating us but all fail and get across similar kind of problems. I have a good advice for you and it works. Do what u feel is right just do it. don't think about them at all. be in your own world, you may face some problem in the beginning after that you will be the king of what you want and will do. Believe in yourself and be happy. Don't think about them...

• Like Like x 1
  7. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh yes Its a good topic and i think their are a lot of people in this world who cannot see anybody above them means more successful then them, so sometimes to stop you from doing a good work or beneficial work they tell a lie that this work is not good or not beneficial but it is our responsibility to check that the person who is saying this type words can be trusted or not.

8. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know you are probably having trouble with people not believing in some type of business venture. And that is very common as many people here have posted.

For me, I know about unique health treatments that are a brand new way and almost no one has even heard of them before.

And I figured this out: the first time we hear (or read) something brand new, we won't believe it. Our mind has to first be exposed to it and then the next time we might believe it. So lots of people that are usually positive will be negative about my treatments.

But they are not mean or stupid or trying to be enemies. Basically, they are brainwashed.

9. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its our responsibility to find who is our enemy and who is our friend, there are many person who act as a friend in front of us and sometimes also when we are doing a good thing then they stop us by telling that its not a good thing and so on.

10. sanaya

sanaya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion we need both

11. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Friends will stay with you till the ends and enemies will fight with you till the ends.

12. natalietijan

natalietijan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True friends are hard to find in today world only you're lucky if you have one.

13. JackT333

JackT333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i also go with both of.