Friendly Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Kaiser, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys I would like some friendly feedback and advice on my webmaster forum. Please keep comments friendly, thanks :)

http://adminbb.org/

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The forum looks really great Kaiser, well done on making it appear so appealing and professional. Your domain name is most appropriate for the topic of your forum. However, as it is a dot org domain I would consider adding ".org" to your site logo to aid the memory of first time visitors who may want to return to your site. Basically the objective here is to ensure that visitors who found your forum through a link or a search engine recognise that your site is on a .org domain and hence make it easier for them to find you, should they decide to make a repeat visit.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the nice little review fergal :) Will consider it.

4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The black sign up now button seems a little out of place with other graphics on the forum, and give the overall colours and scheme, maybe the usergroup legends are the wrong colours?

I tried to find out what the premium membership entitles a member too, but didn't have access. Could you tell me here please?

5. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anything else?

6. harigopinath

harigopinath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi,

The site looks really professional. As Fergal suggested, adding .org to your logo will help users to remember your domain.I would suggest that you could change the sign-up button to light green which would be complimentary to the overall blue color scheme.

7. Blake123

Blake123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have just vivited your forum, looks pretty well-done, though I'd adds some images to make it more eye catching
    as for the navigation-it's simple and easy

8. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just to let you guys know, I have added a new theme. Whats your thoughts? http://adminbb.org/

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The new theme looks great, very professional, however I'm not sure how relevant the fruit and cloud images are to the topic and target market of your forum.

10. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont like the theme at all since their is huge space that is free on top and a visitor los interest.
    I will try on another resolution and let you know but i believe it will loog good since i have seen xenforo forums in postloop
    my suggestion is to change orange color to green or blue or whatever it looks good apart of the forum was looking very nice when viewing inside forum posts.

11. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I must disagree dripworld! I personally liker the fresh citrus colours! Just a personal thing though!

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What a great site. First time I saw that color scheme used on a forum. It's very cool n the eyes and made me want to visit it again in the future.

I just want to ask, why did you use the "cloud" graphic instead of your site's logo as your favicon?
    I also agree with Fergal on adding the ".org" on your logo so that people will remember your site's address easily.

13. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

your location logo to help the recollection of first time tourists who may desire to come back to your site. Basically the target here is to double-check that tourists who discovered your forum through a connection or a seek motor identify that your location is on a .org domain and therefore make it simpler for them to find you, should they conclude to make a replicate visit.

14. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow, I love your forum Kaiser. My suggestion is you should start to find a way to find a way to increase traffic to your site.

Well-done to nice design site. Kaiser. :)

15. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, and im trying my best.

16. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall the site is good but there are some little technicalities which needs you attention.
    The header div of the site is little low from the top of the page due to the social twitter button I think you should move the button to side bar. The background images of the sign up container and banner container are making the site heavy and increasing the site load time which can be harmful for the rankings you should do something about it. The cloudy background is also unnecessary.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not because of the twitter button, its meant to be that way, if you didnt notice its because if the clouds in the header area.
    The signup now button doesn't effect the site load, it barely causes any problems at all.. its not an image to let you know and its default in all xenforo forums so I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted to, and I see no problem in it. As for the banner container with the advertisements.. I dont mind removing it, you are welcome to pay for hosting, and monthly bills ;)