FreeSiteVisitors.com Domain Name, Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Fergal, May 25, 2011.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I recently offered the FreeSiteVisitors.com domain name for sale and have been a little disappointed by the relative lack of interest in it. What's your opinion on it, do you think it's a valuable domain?

What kind of website do you think could successfully run on a domain like that?

Thanks!

2. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I personally could see some type of traffic exchange website running from that domain name. That's something I'd do with it, if I owned it.

A few questions;

1. Does the domain name have any age or PR or backlinks?
    2. How much were you asking for the domain name in the first place and did you consider lowering your asking price if you weren't getting any interest?

Both of these will help you sell your domain. :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Grumpy, I can see how the domain would be very suited to a traffic exchange business.

The domain name is just under four years old and it doesn't have PR or backlinks.

I've had a bid of $6 for the domain but I feel it's worth more than that and was hoping to get higher bids.

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

$6 for a 4 year old domain is definitely not worth it, I would tell anyone not to accept a cent less than $20 for that domain. Expect more for it too. Hmm, if I had the funds available I would buy and flip it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MJsusan

MJsusan
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

yes, I think it's a valuable domain