Freelancing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by sydneys, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sydneys

sydneys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all

Having been a freelance self-employed worker for over a year, I find it difficult to contemplate working under someone else's employment again. Does this seem rational?

Ta
    S

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, in certain situations, you maybe like adjusting yet to a new work environment. You don't feel comfortable, yet if you want to stay long then you should adjust yourself into such new working environment. Question is, how long have you been working under new employment?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think it's pretty normal. Once you have spent time working for yourself it is difficult to go back to a situation where you don't have full control over your own time and you have to take orders from others. However, sometimes we have to do difficult things in order to progress or to deal with difficult circumstances.

My opinion is that people who were self employed make better employees, they understand the difficulty of running a business and they can see the bigger picture, which gives them an appreciation of why they are being asked to do something.

If it's something you are going to do, I hope that the transition is a smooth one for you.