Freelancer or Company?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by 50Cent, Oct 10, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you need to design a website will you approach a professional freelancer at a reasonable price or a Webdesign company to do it for you when it will maybe cost twice the cost of a freelancer's rate.

For me i normally will try to design it on my own 1st because i am also a designer and have a little bit of knowledge on web design too. But if i really can't cope it then i most probably will approach a freelancer instead of a webdesign company.

2. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to try an outsourcing firm rather than a freelancer. the staff that you lease to an outsourcing firm are backed by a good management and technical team also, your files and data are secured and confidential.
    Also, the staff are 100% working for you and dedicated. Freelancers are working from home and maybe working with other clients at the same time. Leased staff are permanent workers of a company and are easy to reach in case you need them. Freelancers do not have employers so they do as they please and sometimes cannot be contacted for various reasons.

3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't ever use a freelancer or company for creating a graphic unless I really need too. That would be because I'm a designer myself.

4. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go for a firm versus a freelancer. Although a freelancer maybe be cheaper at first, there will be a tendency they will be unreliable because of lack of after sales support and customer relations. Im not saying all freelancers are like this. Im just speaking from experience. I would rather spend more and get my money's worth versus spending less and having a headache over dealing with unprofessionalism.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is all about budgeting, freelancer charge much more cheaper compare to a design firm, but at the same time it increase the risk to complete a project. Freelancer could run away or cant deliver project on time.

6. elaineclark11

elaineclark11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

definitely I would prefer to Website Development Company to design my aiming website, because of they will do work for full dedication and also do work more faithfully.

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In formulating this,will it be costly?

8. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are good opportunities but depend on your attitude. Like a me! I favor Freelancing.

9. bernadette

bernadette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I refer to a Web Design Company. They are more capable of doing your website as good as you want it to be. You are guaranteed by their works for their other clients. They represent your business, your philosophy, your product, your service, your personality, your ethics, your cognition through Graphics and Web Development that simplifies online processes and implementation that keeps your site flexible and reliable so your business can prosper. You'll not feel sorry paying for it. :) Anyways, If ever you need a Web Design Company.. I recommend you to contact WickedInnovations.

10. ClaudiusJaeger

ClaudiusJaeger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go with a company, even if it's small.

First, you want the different types of work (programming, copywriting, SEO) done by experts.

Second, if a freelancer gets ill, 'disappears,' whatever, you are stuck.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It depends on the size and complexity of the website. A basic 5-page website, for example, would be less than a 10-page website with e-commerce capability. "Costly" can also be a relative term.
    I also noticed a lot of people responding prefer a company rather than a free-lancer, not only because of their level of expertise, but for their service level after the website has been designed.

12. Smoker

Smoker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very good question. If you do not have a time, the company is only solution. I have selected my freelancers for years.

13. SmallBusinessDog

SmallBusinessDog
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Freelancers are more creative

I personally prefer a freelancer, provided I know his/her background and the level of reliability and integrity. I have always found those who work on their own to be more creative and they also offer personalized service in terms of design, modifications and so on. I am not looking at the cost factor here, but getting a very well-designed website. In terms of cost of course, a freelance designer would always be cheaper than a design company, though the service may be better.

14. girdharkumar

girdharkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

you can visit my sites for help this

15. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It also depends on the size of project you are going to assign, if you just want few designs get ready and have seen some past performances of that particular freelancer, then you should go with freelancer, but if your designing project is big and critical then approaching a web designing company is always better.

16. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It mainly depends upon two things; 1) Quality & 2) Budget.

If you're looking for better quality then I normally prefer a reputed company as often I see that freelancers don't provide the best quality you want but sometimes there are some individuals who do provide better quality then companies.

But, if you're limited by budget then freelancers are best choice as they usually provide it very cheaply. And companies often charge more then the freelancers.

So, it all depends on your needs basically.

17. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Main thing is for which you have trusty relations. rather it is freelancer or company. If you are new and nothing knows about your design then catch a freelancer first, he will teach you at least. I myself is developer and worked in companies, i know how much dedicated they are. Although the company in which i had worked claim for dedicated resource but on the ground it is not reality. I prefer my freelance designer. His work is quick, cheap and quality too.

18. Raptor

Raptor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before I got into graphics, and I needed some graphics done, I normally went to a freelancer. Normally, the prices are much cheaper and the quality is almost the same. Now that I am into graphics, I will create my own. It really saves on the cost if you need a webpage designed. Right now I am learning how to code so I can be able to create websites.

19. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it depends on how big the project. If it is just a small project, i will just hire a freelancer due to low margin. However, for the big project, i gotta give them to company with high reputation to ensure the project done perfectly.

20. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there are still willing to risk and there are still people who are posting in freelancing sites that offers these kind of services. I am no web designer but I do know how to do the basics. I have proper training with it but I'm a bit scared to change my current position.