Free Seo Friendly Directory 6 hours approval

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by warrichpk, Dec 12, 2010.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

which upon the list of directories that give you traffic?

2. mildred07

mildred07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directories are a good way to get backlinks for your site, most of the directory sites takes a couple of months before your listing is approved.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

warrichpk, sorry but I'm not sure that I understand your post. Are you looking for suggestions on how to promote your web directory? Do you own those directories listed in your post?

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directories are good but we must have to check their quality first, If I may just ask. Are they new one that created by you? Or they are old ones and you're just promoting them?

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, from my understanding, these are his directories and he wants to promote it here.
    In return for approving our submitted sites within 6 hours, he wants us to give our feedbacks regarding his directories...

Just my two cents...

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What makes these directories search engine friendly? I checkd out a few and none has a PR higher than 1, if they have one at all. Also the one's I checked out do not have any rankings at all. Any website that needs to be ranked needs a diversified linking strategy, and some links will come from directories. Given the information I cited above, why would your directories be better than a directory with a higher page rank, that actually does have a high organic ranking?

When I visited some of the websites, I saw they all had the name "The Directory" at the top, so you may be right. I'm not sure if it's necessary to submit a site, unless you are trying to determine whether or not listing in his directories helps your own organic rankings, if that can be done.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the sites are fairly new, I think that's understandable considering Google haven't updated the PageRank since April.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

However free directory submissions have very low impact, now Google does not give much importance to the directory submissions...

9. linjunxing

linjunxing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Directories are a good way to get backlinks for your site, most of the directory sites takes a couple of months before your listing is approved.

10. leons0133

leons0133
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice collection of directory lists, Your directory is really useful but they don't have page ranking.

11. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to ask you but..
    Are all these directories hosted on the same server? looks like..

because if it is the case then there will be no benefit of submitting our site to all these directories..

12. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya PR is very important for directory submission but none of the sites have a PR..

13. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Yes PR and relevancy both are important.

Thanks

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, what if any of these directories gain higher PR in the future? Will it not benefit you?

15. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The notion of a "web directory" is now really been misused and misinterpreted. Sure you can gain a backlink, but I think people's understanding today is really a backlink gainer, which isn't a "web directory's" main purpose. Just like a street directory, a web directory helps you find a website. People will go onto these directories and search for sites, like how you would do that on a street directory. If you aim for a good backlink then you will fail, but if you aim to get recognized through a directory, then you have succeeded in achieving what a directory does.

I can assure you that if you submit to a site above or any other with the goal to gain a visitor or a forum member or a blog commenter, then you're view towards that site will significantly change. Regardless of no PR, the effect can be far better than the process by which you spend time submitting to get noticed. Also, if you beg to differ, here is what Matt Cutts from Google says:
    Matt makes no mention of a high PR or a necessity for traffic. Source: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/how-to-report-paid-links/

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Search engines have improved dramatically in the last few years. It is now much easier to find the sites and information you need, very quickly through a search engine. I suspect that this has significantly reduced the number of people who use directories to find the sites they are looking for.

17. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. Directories like DMOZ has had it's high period and probably is, like many directories, at a medium-low stage of feasibility and usage. I hazard a guess and say that 5-10 years back, a directory would be an appropriate form of search engine over what we see as search engines today, eg. Google.

18. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

THere are so many directories, which one is more powerful?

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yahoo and Dmoz are generally recognised as the best directories to have your site listed on.