Free programs.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by vlada, Sep 23, 2008.

1. vlada

vlada
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you try to work as a private contractor with Internet companies you must be very careful with free programs. I researched the so-called free programs and I understood that there is no such thing. Sign up was free, but once I started to access the programs there were a lot of hidden costs.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum vlada.

Not all free programs are actually free. There are some which offer a free program and selling a professional version of the program. Of course the free program will not have the advanced features in the professional version. If it does, no one will buy the professional version anymore.

If you can make do with using the free program, then this will already be sufficient for your purposes. If not, you can try some other free or open-source programs that will meet your needs. There are actually free programs out there without any hidden costs. Just be careful though. You must download it from a trusted site. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting viruses on your computer.

3. vlada

vlada
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many thanks for your attention! I appreciate it very much! Please consult me, how to fix whether this site is trusted or not? I am not sure all the time. I know that there are a lot of review sites but can I trust them also?

4. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry, I think that I misunderstood what you meant in your first post Vlada. I though that when you said "free programs" that you were referring to your normal "free software programs". After reading the other websites that you've posted in BAF, I now know that you were referring to the "free programs" that are being offered by Online Job websites to make you money.

Now, in answer to your question, I think that it would be safe to assume that a particular site is a scam if a majority of people are saying that it's a scam.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Vlada a search in Google will give you a pretty quick insight as to whether or not a particular site is a scam.

6. taki

taki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If anything really has a value and is unique, then it is going to cost. All of this free stuff on the internet is free from a million places. They say stuff like that to add value to what they are selling.