Free Blogs

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by arelene, Feb 15, 2008.

1. arelene

arelene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been reading a lot about people making money from their blogs.What about free blogs like Wordpress,are they a good place to start blogging?Or should I invest in a site with a .com domain name.Does something like this have a significant impact on the earning potential of a blog?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think if you can afford it, you are better off registering a dot com domain of your own. This will make your blog address more memorable which is always a help to attract repeat visitors and it makes it easier for people to recommend your blog to their friends.

There will always be some people who will take your blog more seriously if it is on its own web address as opposed to a free hosted solution.

However, these are only factors to consider. There are some very successful blogs running on Wordpress and Blogger.

3. kereta06

kereta06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if you want to learn making money with blog, try with the free blog first. Then if you get or earn some money with free blog, try to own your web with paid web. Try to buy a good domain name which has related with what are doing .

4. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

6 is right, when starting out always go for the free stuff. That is something that no one can preach enough.

5. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should first have experience with blogging before you go for the professional website of yours.
    Blogger and wordpress both are easy and simple to understand the distinct points and skills required in blogging.
    so I suggest you to go for the Free service have an experience of 5-6 months and the move to the upgrade your blog into a site.

6. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you could not be more correct, www.internethostinguk.com are currently 20% off all packeges! so go go go lol.there are some succesfull blogs on wordpess but theses are very rare they were ethier made early etc. to make a successfull wordpress now a days would be very hard there would be alot of advertisign needed and all that it would be very hard a would be supprised if comeone could pull it off conisdering there is so much of them

7. Slacker

Slacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True some do make money from free blogs, although if you can afford it, get your own domain and hosting, it will be much easier in the end :)

8. khairilhusni

khairilhusni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are newbie in blogger, i think you should start with free blog. Build your own branded, get some knowledge and after 3 month you can decided to buy a domain or not. So, you have basic info to start blogging.

9. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes its a true fact that people are making handsome money on blogs. but it need some hardwork and time to achieve such a result because if you create blog through blogger or wordpress you have to post good stuff in you blog at least twice in a week. then you have to promote it in search engines using white hat strategy to acquire PR (google PR). then depends upon your PR and traffic you can place the advertisment for any websites in your blog for good prices.