Franchise or business consultant?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by nash_ten615, Mar 11, 2013.

1. nash_ten615

nash_ten615
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi There! My husband and I have saved a little over 30k to start up a . We both are new and are aware of what we're getting into. We're looking for tips/advice to get us started into the right direction. Please share anything useful that can get us started. Thank you!

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you provide more details as to what you are interested i doing? DO you wish to have your own business? What field are you interested in and what is your experience? And by 30k u mean $30k?

Giving more details would help you get better responses.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think if franchisee can be purchased in 30k bucks in your country, then you should go for franchisee...as you are
    1-new...you will get a business model operandi to start with...
    2-less risk compare to own consultancy business and inexperience in business being a novice..

4. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Provide some more information nash_ten615. As you say above you both are new to the business industry. I think for you is Better to go with a franchise

5. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I'm a huge fan of the MAIR model as a general tool for understanding and organising the key elements of your business. I've blogged about it before, but the key points are:

he basic idea is that you explore four 'interactive variables': Motivation, Abilities, Ideas and Resources. Clearly, each has a critical role to play in its own right:

Motivation: I guess that's what separates thinkers and dreamers for actors and doers... The willingness to really go out and work hard, often under conditions of little short term reward and lots of uncertainty, seems to be one of the hallmarks of successful entrepreneurs.

Abilities: We could start a whole separate thread on this - what are the key abilities that make a successful entrepreneur - no doubt a mix of both hard and soft skills.

Ideas: Arguably, these need to be clearly rooted in a market need to be valid, although, there are some business that seem to be product-led rather than market-led... fashion, any Apple product, the Rubik's cube...

Resources: Entrepreneurs are kind of hamstrung until they get resources behind them. I guess we automatically think of cash here, but skills, knowledge and contacts can make a lot of difference to.

... but you also need to think about how these factors interact - a good idea is of limited value, without the motivation and resources to turn it into a business and this is where the final components of the MAIR model come into play: Planning and Organisation! Arguably, this is the real job of the entrepreneur. Bringing all the factors together to create something that didn't exist before, and may just change the world!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7239778

Hope you find this interesting / useful - good luck with your business.

Best wishes,

Mark.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum nash_ten615, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

What kind of business are yourself and your husband planning on starting?

7. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you confused about whether to select a franchise or business consultant? I think if you do not have the expertise and experience then it is better for you to choose a franchise business because that will help prepare you in dealing with a business. Conversely, if you master the business you can then become a business consultant.

8. Fransisca2

Fransisca2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry I wanted to ask, how to buy a franchise?