Forum

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by erocks08, Jan 23, 2010.

1. erocks08

erocks08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all,
    I am the owner of
    www.topgearforum.info

I have made some major changes and would like some feedback
    Thanks

2. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As soon as I got on to the forum, I noticed how different the theme is to the banner. Yellow/Gold and Silver/Grey do not go. I recommend that you change the banner or style.

I personally don't like the style at all but I do think that the racing flags are a nice touch and got you a lot of credit. I never looked further in as Top Gear doesn't interest me but I think that you should take my advice.

Also you have FP's review at the bottom of the forum, it is not centered and is on it's own which makes it look stupid. Center it and any other button that you add.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your header design looks great, it's a big improvement on the previous version. Overall the site looks welcoming and user-friendly.

Top Gear collector cards have become very popular with school kids, as has the BBC owned http://www.topgearturbo.com/ website. Kids go there to register their cards and play games etc. Do you think it might help your forum to have sections to discuss topics related to the cards and website?

4. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a bad idea with the cards. If you track down the online users who use these cards you could get a lot of new users and some would definitely be active.

5. erocks08

erocks08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What age would the kids be? Under 11? Do you think?

I will center it later,
    Most people like the template and the banner

It is a good idea about the cards,

I am using my iPhone at the moment, So can not edit the template,

please keep the ideas coming!

I have spent a small bit on the site, but not that
    much,

User want a virtual shop, with cars in it etc, I am thinking of paying for one to be added, I know it would cost me more for hosting and set up, but it just might make the diffrence

Thank you for your time

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes the kids I've seen become involved with them were under 11. I'm not sure if older kids collect them and register at the site to play games. You could do a little online research to find that out, or even ask people you know in the older age group (or their families) if they or their friends collect the cards.

By the way, you are welcome to promote your forum for free in our Member Ads & Marketplace forum and in your signature here on Business Advice Forum.

7. erocks08

erocks08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Other staff think there might be to many sections,

I am not sure, I will think about it?

Any more ideas?

Thank you

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It might actually help to reduce the number of forums you have. Obviously this will mean that you will have more posts in each forum, which will give you the appearance of being busier. If you group some of the forums together, you can always separate them again, when the forum has become busier and you have a lot more posts. Plus, at that time you will have the advantage of knowing exactly what type of discussion topics are popular with your members.

As an example, you might consider merging the "Top Gear" and "Shows" forums together. You could also merge some of the forums in the Off-Topic area.

9. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to say that no forum has too many categories. Go on to the official forums of some games, or even the Xbox forums.
    Here's a good example, I used to be a moderator here and I was a mod on one section. This section was recieving more posts than this forum, on a daily ratio - so it was still successful despite the large amount of boards:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/

#9 Entré, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  10. erocks08

erocks08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks,
    I might change some sections into sub-forums, It would make the forum look better,

Any more ideas? Thanks

11. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I am also an Admin here, and we would still appreciate your ideas about what we could do to improve the forum.

12. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get rid of the brightness of the orange template...GEE wizz it puts me off joining and posting!

13. anirban09P

anirban09P
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A forum is a question and answer bulletin board.
    In long: A forum is a place where users of a particular product or service may go to ask questions about the product/service they acquired. Of course, asking the question is not enough, other users need to supply an answer (in addition to staff).