Forum Spotlight - Only the best forums make the cut!

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by agentmanningctu, Aug 15, 2010.

1. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://www.forumspotlight.net/

What do you think?

I've received amazing feedback so far from viewers. Still, I want to make it as reader-friendly as possible. What else can I do?

I have bumped up the monthly tournament to this week (3 weeks early) to try to get as many people into the blog as possible.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I really like the concept behind the blog Agent and I believe that it could prove to be very popular. Personally I feel that the blog could benefit from a different theme, one that makes the text on the blog a little easier to read. I also find it quite user-unfriendly that I can't right click on your blog, I understand why you have implemented this, but it does make visiting your job more cumbersome for at least some of your legitimate readers.

Finally I'd suggest that you have an "Add your Forum" / Submission page, to encourage your visitors to suggest forums that they would like to see reviewed.

3. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal.

I'm thinking of taking out the anti-right click plugin. I can see how that might be annoying.

As for the theme, it's been a mixed bag. I've heard it looks great from a lot of people and that it is a tad hard to read from others. I will keep listening.

I think I might add a submission page. That's a great idea. Thanks!

What do you think of this idea?

I'm thinking of adding a V.I.P. group. The group will have a different color. Each user will receive several emails each week with behind-the-scenes details such as asking them for their thoughts of potential forums. They will also have a permanent text link in the "Friends" section in the footer. $5 and this is permanent.

#3 agentmanningctu, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds good Agent, I've been on your site today and I have to say I'm delighted to see that you have enabled right clicking. I think you will have no problem getting people to pay $5 for a permanent text link, however you might be better off offering a one year link. You should be able to get $5 for them and it will allow you to sell that ad space for even more in a year's time, when the blog will hopefully be much busier.

To be honest I'm not sure how much value VIP members would place on the other things you will be offering to them - such as the weekly emails. I'd suggest researching this further by asking your readers and potential readers if it is something that would be of interest to them.

Also, thanks very much for featuring Business Advice Forum on http://www.forumspotlight.net/ that is very much appreciated :)

5. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a good suggestion. I'll take a little survey soon to see what people say. Thanks.

No problem. You deserve it for all the hard work you put into making BAF awesome.

6. impact

impact
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the design looks new to me. I think people first time visitors will have to spend quite a lot of time to move around your site.

7. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What makes you say that? How can I make it more accessible?

8. impact

impact
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The design in good but unique. Frankly speaking all good design is unique in some ways, so I guess you shouldn't worry to much about it.

9. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks very nice agent. Even thought of getting a logo? Can i submit website? Or only forums is allowed?

10. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may submit a website.

I have a logo, but I haven't been able to get it set up for my theme's header yet.

11. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to ask what contact form are you using for your site? on the submit your forum page? Or is that plugin or something?

Thanks!

12. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

13. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, David hit that on the nail.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry if I haven't posted my review earlier since I haven't noticed your thread.
    Anyways, back to the topic, here's my review.

Logo: It's still lacking a good banner and logo. I have read a few posts above mine that you are already doing it. So good luck!

Layout: Your layout is well organized and easy to navigate to. Your "Categories" tabs are easily understandable.

Posts: Like I have posted or suggested on the "Site of the week" thread, maybe you can add banners/logo/thumbnails of the forums you are reviewing. This way, reader/visitors could easily see how the site looked like without leaving your blog and continue reading your article.

Regarding on your latest post: The image below the link to the forum tells your visitors/readers to "comment" on your article. There's also a link below, aligned to the right, with a word comment. Isn't it a bit redundant seeing the same thing twice? Maybe it's just me. What I can suggest is remove the "Comment" below and just add the link to the comment page on the image.

Hoping the success of your blog.:thumbsup: