Forum Setup

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by virt_train, May 11, 2013.

1. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone!

I have a potential client who wanted to setup a forum about dogs. And the initial goal is to get 20 members within 1 month, do you think this is feasible? Do you have any tips how to make people register on the forum? I mean real people who are really interested about dogs.

Thanks

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

virt_train: I think getting 20 members within a month is no big deal. You need to host some regular contest or weekly contests whichever is possible. Also you can join other forums which has points system (BAF Cash) as here. So you can make people sign up for the points.

3. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Organizing competitions is a good way to indulge people faster.It also gives mouth publicity people start sharing with their friends and relatives about it.
    Initially organize some competitions with not lots of money instead organize small competitions.Once your forum get established you can make the money from advertising.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting 20 members is practical. You can ask the client to promote via social networks and in dog lovers groups and blog which would be the target market and you should be able to reach the target easily.

5. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum about dogs is a very interesting concept... And yes you can get 20 new members per month.... You can promote your forum on Social Media Websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc... Plus you can also promote it locally, through friends, relatives, etc...

6. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice and needy post for me, I also wanna to setup a forum regarding "Heavy Equipment" for building construction. But I don't know how to do this, Please anyone help and give me idea how I can setup my new forum by phpBB and what is its benefits? Thank you in advance for answer. :)

Rachel !!!

7. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Rachel, I hope we can get more feedback from everyone here.:) Though my concern is on the marketing side . In terms of setting up a forum, I tried Phbb but I was so frustrated because all I received was spam registration :(. When setting up the forum, it may help if we research first different forum sites and do some comparison which works best for the forum's objective. Which is what I am currently researching. :)

8. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can provide people with the information about the dogs that what they eat,their health tips,open the dog trainee centre in which dogs are trained to play,to respect their owner,organize dog show,their fashion play.
    Go for dog race and let the people bet on the dog.in such type of activities major crowd will take interest and will help you to get you forum popular.