Forum Posting?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Entré, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen a lot on this pay to get posts on your forums idea. Now even though the posts are slightly .. fake, it makes the forums look good.

I know that a lot of forum owners do this and I was wondering if there was a lot of profit to be made here?

I personally use forums daily and I love posting on forums. Now getting paid to do 100 posts on a forum doesn't sound too bad.

2. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I will pay you to do 100 posts on my new forum. www.soapstalk.com

100 posts for $6. I know there isn't many posts at the moment but i've order posts from 3 others so there will be activity soon, and i'll be posting. :D

If you accept, please do the posts then PM me your PayPal information. :)

3. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not offering to do them, I am just asking a question about paid posting.

So that's 6 cents for 1 post? Is that the usual rate or ..?

4. erocks08

erocks08
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most people pay 100 posts for $4
    But I would not pay for them,
    Maybe forum cash, Or post exchages

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Some people have done quite well from selling forum posting services. You could start the business off by doing all the posts yourself and then hiring people to do the posts for you as the busienss expands. Some forum posting providers have a reputation for providing poor quality posts. If you want your business to be successful you will need to provide good quality posts that meet your client requirements.

Most of the work you get will be from people launching new forums. So you will need to promote your services on sites where new forum owners go for services and for advice.

You could start a business like this by creating a very simple site that outlines the services you're offering. Then offer your services on forum promotion forums and other webmaster sites, including our Member Ads & Marketplace forum. You could originally offer the services at a reasonable price and offer a really good quality service that exceeds client expectations. This would allow you to get some good client feedback and testimonials that will be important for growing the business. If you don't have the resources to create a simple site, you could simply start with offering your services at the forums mentioned.

Please do post back if you have any further questions.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Entré. I have seen lots of Forum owner do some kind of thing like fake posting. And it's helpful too.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They buy forum posts to kick start their forum.
    Who would sign up on a forum without any posts? Right?

Regarding the rate, 4-6 cents are kinda low.
    The usual rate is 10 cents per post or $10 for 100 posts.
    But there are some who are willing to pay up to 20 cents per post.

8. changelane

changelane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah i heard a lot from that and 100 post? thats too many arent they running out of wors and running out of ideas?

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, 100 posts is not that many unless yo have other people communicating with you.
    The fastest turn around that I have achieved when doing 100 posts is just 4 hours.

10. TmasterMind

TmasterMind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard of these services also on freelance websites wherein forum owners hire people to fill on their forum with great and helpful information and get more new users to participate and sign up. Found these forum owner services which are said to hire and pay accordingly although haven't tried them yet:

-Posting Direct
    -Wired Flame
    -Forum Booster
    -Paid Posting Tools

I hope this helps.

11. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one good way of promoting and making your forum interesting. This attracts people to join into your forum and eventually your forum will be popular.

This will also help your forum to be listed as High PR. :)

I don't see anything wrong with doing this, since it's a good strategy.

12. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting is a very popular and old style of keeping updated. Nowadays, people are switching to twitter and short quick reply type forums probably they take less time in posting. Forum no probably hasn't lost it's value but may have low members depending upon forums.

Do you mean by spam post or long spammy post? How does that help in anyway?

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like mgcc mentioned, the purpose of paying someone to post in your forum is to make the forum interesting and attract people to join. Therefore any posts paid for should add to the discussions they are posted in. A forum with a lot of, as DEADMAN calls them, spammy posts is not going to be very popular, and so these posts defeat the purpose for whch they are being purchased. Another thing to watch out for is people who sell forum posts for SEO purposes. These posts are mostly spam posts, and will also not serve the purpose for which they are purchased.
    I would ask that no one take this personally, but I would question the value of 100 posts being made in only four hours. Four hours is 240 minutes, which works out to only 2.4 minutes per post. I honestly don't think that a quality post can be made in 2.4 minutes. Like GekiDan said 4-6 cents is low. If you want quality posts, you have to pay more for them, and you should make it clear up front that you are not looking for a bunch of spam posts dashed off in a relatively short period of time.

14. ashmim

ashmim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting is always helpful for forum members.Because here we discuss topics and which help us to get proper decision.We can share our ideas and can discuss about it.So we can analyze the discussion and can take proper decision.We also can make our site famous by share our site in the forum.Forum also help us to buy or sell our stuff and thus we can do business.

15. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I was starting up a forum and was interested in doing then my opinion would be to pay abit more and get quality forum posts.
    If your forum is full of nonesense conversations then it won't help you out.
    Writing a handful of quality conversation starters would be the best approach

16. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, paying someone to do forum posting could be a good service for you. But in reality, anyone can post 100 posts on forum sites that are just spam messages and in return, you only get the quota. You did not get any interaction at all, you did not get anything worthy at all.

Forums are made to share ideas and and interact. You do not go after the 100 posts and then get the chance to have a signature link, etc. It's not about the old link building stuff like before. As things evolved, and so forums should and the way users use it.

17. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes from my point of view forum posting is the best way to exchange the knowledge about every topic.Just go in relevant section and ask your query,get the maximum number of suggestion from experts.

18. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Postloop seem very common to forum owners these days. And for forum posters also who wants to earn bucks a day.

19. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My strategy would be to keep adding informative and controversial topics, pay someone to keep the conversations going on a regular basis.
    Male sure the forum is easy for new users to sign up to and try to build back backlinks from other sites involved in the same topic

20. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you,forum are the best way to getting knowledge about anything as we want.we need to post our query in relevant section & get the answer from the experts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.