forum not working

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Scarface_007, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Started forum in Jan its 2months + now still not going at all,, any regular members that signs are spammers or from the forumpromtion exchanges posts what shall i do? I'm just getting bored i can implement more ideas but it doesn't seem to be moving at all.. is it best to sell domain? or just keep struggling.

And also the moderators doesnt seem to be interested either,

#1 Scarface_007, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Feel the pain lol My forum seem not working either. Hope to fully my site with contents before starting a real project for it to work. And the way I may just get it to work for now is to hire writers and concentrate to my other websites. Have you tried postloop for it?

3. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Postloop i read it on forumpromotion but not tried does it cost to hire posters from postloop?

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its an investment anyway. If you don't wanna spend more, keep exchanging in FP. Fellow admins are better poster snce they know which is helpful for the forum and in SEOs perpective.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered running some type of contest on it? Perhaps a member of the month or week contest could motivate your members to be more helpful on the site.

6. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

problem is i dont have any regular members fergal and i really need regular members then i can think of something like that.

7. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I paid 1000+BAF here to member to be MOD he only turned up first few days the deal was he would continue and i pay in advance but never seen him sense.

8. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What have you done to promote your forum?

How are people finding your forum right now? Where is the traffic coming from?

I would never have expected a forum to take off within 2 months even if I started it with a whole team of members. Most sites in general will be less than impressive performers for the first 6 months and that is if you are actively promoting them. If you aren't out there promoting them, then it could take way longer than that. That is normal.

My guess is that nobody in your target audience is actually finding the forum yet. You are probably just getting automated spammers from software that scrapes the web for forums to spam.

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might wanna create articles and tutorials yourself for your forum. I did this in my forum myself, make it interesting.
    I did make backlinks of these threads to some forums i usually visit, and it somehow work.

10. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

it is mainly the spammers that are getting in no regular members i have fb page and advertised it on few places but no luck.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I have been doing lot of the contents myself intact out of 100 i been doing over 80 posts myself and rest are either paid for posts or from friends,

11. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay.....So, you have said that the only thing you have done to promote your forum was to create a Facebook page. Then you advertised that page a bit, but no luck.

How do you expect people to find out about your forum for the first time?

Did you just think that people would start finding it automatically without anyone telling them about it or without them seeing it advertised?

Think about it. That would be like opening a store on a dead end street with no sign on the building and without buying any advertising. Then you sit alone in your store wondering why nobody is shopping there.

If nobody knows about your forum, then certainly, nobody is going to participate.

If you want people to come to your website, you have to tell them about it and give them a good reason to come.

Here are a few reasons why people might want to participate in a forum:

1) To socialize
    2) To learn information
    3) To promote themselves
    4) To spam it

Obviously you don't want spammers. But, which of those other types of members do you want? Have you given any of them a reason to want to join and participate in your forum? Each of those top three types of people will visit and participate in your forum for a different reason. You have to give each type of audience what it wants if you want to attract and keep more of them.

If you don't do that, then yes, the forum will most likely fail.