Forum not providing backlink to linked websites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by saahil2310, Jun 5, 2014.

1. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Webmasters,
    I have created a forum on pharmacy related discussions. This forum is running since two years now. It is indexed and crawled by Google several times. But the problem is that it is not providing a single backlink to the other linked websites in this forum. Users have profile homepages and signatures too. But my forum is not giving any backlink to them. This forum has been created with phpbb. Is there anything missing like any setting in ACP?
    This very problem is causing my forum users leaving my forum. Hopefully I will get help from my co webmasters. Thanks in advance for your valuable responses.

2. ConsultJoseph

ConsultJoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you say there are not giving any backlink, are you saying that the links are not live? Or are you saying that Google is not indexing the pages where the links are found which mean the links do not count? Or do you mean that the links are all NOFOLLOWs as opposed to DOFOLLOWs which more backlink builders want?

3. webpro

webpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There may be many factors like

1) You are giving no-follow links
    2) your own website is not so powerful and links you are distributing are not getting much juice out of it .
    3) Links going out to be totally irrelevant and not related to forum theme i.e pharmacy

4. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please share the URL if possible.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As paulsimmons said, could you please share the URL of the forum you are pertaining to so members of BAF could check and analyze the problem.

Thanks,
    Mark