Forum Marketing Newbie Tutorial 101

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by journeyoflife7, Apr 4, 2011.

1. journeyoflife7

journeyoflife7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although every forum is different and vary by rules, here are some tips to get you started towards becoming a valuable contributing member to your forums!

1) Avatar – Whether you are coming to learn or are interested in forum marketing, uploading a forum profile avatar is important. This simple act will help you build credibility, trust, and an sense of authoritative entitlement. You content will be associated with your avatar and you will build a reputation among your fellow marketers!

2) Introduction – An introduction is important to let other forum members know who you are! I would advise anyone who joins a forum to give an introduction first! Skipping the introduction will probably not look good on the perspective of forum administrator’s side!

3) Contribute – Join conversations and network with other forum members! Make sure you write in a clear concise manner and help others solve problems. Leave worthy and valuable comments!

4) Create Threads – Create valuable and unique threads that will help others! Do not post the same stuff over and over again or it will get boring! Do not post two of the same threads on the same forum! It will not look good!

5) Add Signature Links – These are links to your website or product. When you build a good reputation, you are most likely to increase your click through rates!

6) What To Avoid? – Avoid posting too often or else it will look like spam. Try to answer people’s questions in addition to creating threads. Join conversation whenever you can and provide valuable information. Do not post the same content over and over again. You will most likely get banned!

2. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already seen these tips thank you for the effort.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing those practical and helpful forum marketing tips with us journeyoflife7.

You've been here a few months, I look forward to seeing your intro thread on Business Advice Forum :)

4. journeyoflife7

journeyoflife7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9 Steps Towards Successful Forum Marketing

1) Find The Right Forums

Find forums with a similar niche. Every time you post or create new threads you will expose your backlinks to people of the same interest. Not only is this good to directly promote your product or service, you will gain relevant backlinks. Relevant backlinks are important for SEO! Besides SEO, driving traffic from relevant niche forums means highly targeted traffic.

2) Think “Long Term”

Creating an effective forum presence takes time. Although you may have the ability to gain tons and tons of high quality traffic, it may take some time. Join conversations and help others to create a valid contribution! The more value you put into each and every post, the more you will build authority and trust. When first starting out forum marketing, make sure you build credibility for yourself, for others, and forum administrators. The last thing you want to do is get banned.

3) Forum Rules And Guidelines

It is important to be familiar with forum rules and guidelines. Each forum is different and may have different policies when it comes to forum marketing. Take the following for example:

a) are affiliate products allowed in signature links?
    b) can I have a signature link to another forum?
    c) can I promote my own business in my signature links?
    d) are new users restricted from certain capabilities; signatures, profile pics, etc.

4) Username And Avatar

Choose a professional username. This will tell people that how serious you are about your business. Make sure you upload an avatar so you can start to build credibility and authority over others. These two aspects of forum marketing is essential to create a successful presence.

5) Introduce Yourself

It is best to introduce yourself at a new forum. In my experience, many regular users or administrators strongly urge this act.

6) Don’t Be Hasty

Make sure you create a good first impression at all costs. Newbie forum members can be easily resented by other “older” members if disobeying rules.

7) Valuable Contribution

Think of every post you make on a forum, whether a comment or thread, a way of building your authority, recognition, and expertise. This one aspect of forum marketing is very important and will determine your success in the long run!

8) Market Your Website

Add your website in your signature link. I recommend you create a narrow niche website for many reasons. It is very easy to build authority when you have a whole website dedicated to one narrow niche. Your signature link will appear with each forum post you make, which is great for not only direct traffic but SEO.

9) Avoid Negativity

Do not run into any negative arguments or thoughts. If you want to run a professional forum marketing business you have to be profressional yourself. Create a positive atmosphere at all times and you will quickly gain credibility and respect.

10) Track Marketing Efforts

Create a progress chart/traffic chart for how many visitors are gained from each forum. This will give an estimate of progress and the potential high quality traffic that forum can bring each month to your website! Some form of progress will provide information on whether a successful forum marketing campaign is being build or not.

5. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for explaining this to us,it is very useful.

6. tomibraniste

tomibraniste
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes , thank you very much i can understand now