For my start up bizz Maximum i can hire how many students who looking for internship?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Hazel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have enough connection with college students. Now its a season for them for internship. I want offer internship in my start up company. How many people i can hire maximum? they willing to accept half payment i know that(so i can pay for more then 6 people because it going to be half payment). All they look for is good experience and learning environment in their internship, i am aware of that too and i can provide that.

Question is- How many students i can hire maximum? If i hire more then 6 i can grow faster, i know that. Is that possible to hire alot of internship students in your start up company? is there any advice anyone can give based on this?

2. StrivOlogy

StrivOlogy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My friend uses inters for his business and they all have different roles. Such as, sales, marketing, writing, etc. I don't see a problem with it.

3. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But if u use Intern students for start up company and u grow your company and gave them low payment, once u grow is that u will face any legal problem [etc they asking shares because the company become successful by them]

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't see any reason why you can't hire as many interns as you need Hazel. What country is your business based in?

5. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my question is actually:
    If i use Intern students for start up company and i grow my company but paid them low, once u grow is that u will face any problem [etc they asking shares of your company because the company become successful because of their hard work in start up stage]

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can hire as many interns as you want. I do not think there would be any legal provision against that. And if you are concerned about them asking for anything apart form the stipend i doubt they would do so. And since you are a startup so there would be no shared i believe.

Apart from that the interne would be around for only few months so that would further reduce the chances of any demands which i doubt they would anyways make.

7. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

any more thoughts??

#7 Hazel, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  8. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many employees have you hired? I do not think too many students will be hired for an internship because they have not mastered many skills.
    But, if you still want to hire them, then make sure the students have a supervisor who can teach or train them. You can hire a maximum of 3 people per supervisor who will be the leader per division.