Following your own routine.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by kris1911, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be successful, following the routine is must. Routine will make you follow the rules you have created yourself. Sometimes it may be difficult to follow the common rules that have been made for all. Just like in school days if someone of you have stayed in hostel, you had to wake up at 5 AM and sleep at 11PM. Accordingly other time-table was fixed and this could be unbearable to some. But when you are free to create your own time table then why not to do it and follow it 100% ? I am sure this will lead you.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Was that enough sleep for you? I know I generally need more than six hours.

Improving on my routine and timetable is actually something I need to do at this time. Have you any practical tips on how to get into a good routine and stick with it?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that this is a very good advice, not just to business-minded people but to everyone. But since we're in the discussion of business, a plan/routine that is not followed 100% will lose it's effectiveness. Let's say you already have a business plan. If you don't follow it to the letter, then what's the use of having it. The same goes with our daily routines.

4. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been trying to follow the routines and i am not 100% successful yet. I think we cannot stick on 100%. But, however, we should be trying to follow it.

The main tip is there should be someone to remind you. If you are married then your wife or husband can do it for you. Else you should try to get help from someone by hiring. Like secretory. Because its a bit difficult to follow the routine when you are alone and busy.

5. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We generally need 8 to 10 hours of sleeping. However, in my school days I had to do the same sleep at 11 and wake up at 5. But, this may generate lousyness or sleepyness even in day time for any people.

It's very necessary to follow your routine, if you eat your morning dinner at late evening? What will happen, you'll die of hunger. Also, performing your work in correct time is necessary. Do you work in time.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree fully that a business plan or routine that is not followed is worthless. However, I think it also helps to have a little flexibility. There are times when unexpected opportunities present themselves and if we were to follow a routine or plan religiously we would not be able to take advantage of these opportunities.

The same also happens with unexpected difficulties or problems. Unfortunately these do happen and there are times when we have to deviate from the plan in order to deal with them.

Unfortunately for me I tend to have a bit too much flexibility and I need to follow your advice and introduce some more discipline.

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Following a good routine is good. What's the use of busy routine that you cannot follow or that hampers you and your work. The routine should be proper. And it should be effictive.

8. HappyBoy

HappyBoy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd just say be wise with your routine. We are not a robot that pre-programmed, so let your inner wise drive your routine. BTW, my friend who are a magician just sleep 3 hours everyday and he always fresh and full of energy.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you any suggestions as to how we can reduce our sleep requirements whilst still maintaining good energy levels?

10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Following your routine is a very good habit, it helps in creating and maintaining rules. But it is really hard thing, I also do have a routine and I used to follow it mostly until something unplanned happens in life.

11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3 hours of sleep? That sounds like crazy. That surely affects health. You need proper rest or sleep for good health. I think those magician do magic to get enough sleep :D

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahh, Three hours is not enough. Atleast a human body needs 7 to 8 Hours rest.:p

13. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know the two ways where you can reduce your sleeping and have same fresh energy of those who sleeps 8 hours.

- Doing Yoga (especially of mind).
    - Meditation of your mind.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestions DEADMAN, I'm currently training to walk a marathon, when I've that done I just might free up some time for yoga or perhaps even Tai Chi.