Focus on Growing your Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mightyventures, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mightyventures

mightyventures
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know we talk about business model a lot, but there’s simply no way to get around the BASICS of growing your business. To expand your business, what REALLY matters most? And how do you prioritize and stay focused? These are subjects I have taught to everyone from new entrepreneurs with great ideas to Fortune 100 CEOs and teams.

But let me define those all important building blocks for everyone right now. The answer to growing your business is simple. You GROW your business by concentrating on your model, people, and money. That’s it. That’s all. Your business model will make or break you—and it may change often as you adapt to market shifts, launch new products or services, and respond to competitive threats. Your people will help you execute your business model. Expect to be constantly training and hiring people as your company’s needs evolve. Your money will come from financing as well as from sales, two topics I’ve also addressed recently. (And remember, there will be some amazing angel investors at the Summit also, including Harvard Angels and Golden Gate Angels.)

These are the ABSOLUTES in the garden of growth, gang. You’ve simply GOT to have these things in place if you want to create REAL success. I’ll explore each of these in deeper ways over the next few days.

Christine Comaford, Business Accelerator
    CEO of Mighty Ventures, Inc.
    NY Times Best Selling Author

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Christine, I'm surprised that you don't mention customers in your post? If you don't provide a product or service that customers value and are prepared to pay for, you won't have a business.

3. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Customer satisfaction is more important in the growth and success of any business. Improving the quality of your product will increase customer satisfaction. Making a customer satisfied is exactly an business opportunity for any entrepreneur and he should utilize it in a right way for success. Satisfy your customers or someone else will.

Opportunity knocks once...!! That too, for entrepreneurs.. only once...!!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Only if you have the same understanding of quality as your customer. If you improve features that the customer doesn't value you won't increase customer satisfaction.

5. Mynameis...

Mynameis...
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal; one of the most or "the" most important factor for marketting your products, because if you brought some things and you are the only person that you think you love, and there is no customers that are interested in, then definitely you won't sell anything and your marketing process will fail. While, if you have some customers then your business will prosper gradually.

6. jumeira123

jumeira123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing a complete market research and analyzing the general customer expectations for a particular product you are going to offer will be of great help in making your product/service a great success.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If anyone would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.