Flyers

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by hcted, Oct 3, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made a couple flyers for my site soon to launch.

The flyer has our logo, and description of the site, and a url in an easy to read format.

Do you believe they are effective? Has anyone had experience with flyers here? Thanks!

2. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never had any good experiences, but the most I have ever delivered is 100. regular mail not junk mail.

3. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Small quantities and good target. Depends on the format, paper.

I prefer use an A4 format folded in 3, with a 150gr/m² paper. And depends on the look of the flyer too.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The success on the flyer will depend on getting it into the hands of your potential customers. hcted will you be using this flyer to promote your web design business? How do you plan on distributing it, or would you like some help with that?

5. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I plan to be using the flyers for my up coming social network project. Trying to make as big and as large of a launch as I can.

I am not exactly sure on the distribution part. I can hang up about 10 per local foodstore, give them out to friends, and mail them out (possibly).

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Flyers definately will help, but before you send out the flyers, you might consider on your potential customer, send them to people who are interested on similar product, it will save your time by giving you better result

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Flyers could work well for a social networking site. If your target members include students you could distribute the flyers at your local colleges and universities. Try to ensure that your flyers include a clear call to action, a reason why the reader should visit your website and a clear statement as to how using your social network will benefit them.

8. borisfowler

borisfowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How you use flyers is up to you. From my experience there are areas of a city that will respond to them and areas that will not. For example in Arizona, Mesa is a good area for flyers, but Ahwatukee is not. Target your demographic specifically.

9. Cathy Duncan

Cathy Duncan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, flyers are usually used for social networking sites and for students; you can have broaches and other related stuff.