Flash site development

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by hanschristian01, Jun 7, 2010.

1. hanschristian01

hanschristian01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My client has a stunning flash site with no SEO planning at all. They do not want to change or recode it, their budget is too tight.

So If I looking to develop on just keywords related to the site and not touch the design element, what options do I have? I was looking to fit in a HTML greeting and a few relevant links…? Any other ideas?

Looking for all the help I can get.

Thanxx

2. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my own experience I can say that Flash elements don't matter at all for SEO. You have to analyse relevant keywords and start doing SEO. Good luck!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is every page of your client's site built with Flash, or is it just the introduction / home page?

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engines can't read flash sites so they are really hard to rank. There are many beautiful flash sites languishing on back pages because they aren't crawled, they are slow to load and they are hard to maintain or update so tend to be static and sit unchanged for years.

I have seen businesses go from good page 1 positioning to no position by changing to flash against all advice.

You could try distributing a lot of relevant content with good keyword anchor text to drive traffic to it and potentially get good content listings. Also try building a web 2.0 link wheel around the site again with a focus on driving traffic to it with the SEO benefit of the keyword anchor text.