Fiverr issue - Account banned with NO reason - Money blocked - Can someone help ?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by simplyjo, Jan 4, 2012.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All, I am (was) a top rated seller on Fiverr with many featured/hot gigs going on. Which means a hefty % of my overall income was Fiverr - UNTIL yesterday when, out of the blue, they banned me - NO reason given. Since then, their customer care is not even bothered to revert to my emails and support tickets (usually they reply in a matter of minutes).
    I have over $800+ which I am not able to withdraw. I am not even allowed to message my clients or tell them WHY i am not able to deliver their orders (As Fiverr wont let me deliver work or reply) and just today, they are not letting me even SIGN IN to my account to check my messages.
    I never faced any issue with Fiverr before and now suddenly this. Makes me feel if they are just ripping off people . With millions of gigs being sold everyday, their cut @ $1 per gig is HUGE. Do they really need to stoop SO low ? They must've earned 1000's of dollars from me alone , why lose so much potential long term income by ripping me off like this ? I am totally stumped at this behaviour !!!
    On reading more online, I noticed MANY others are having such issue. Fiverr is simply banning them and blocking their withdrawals. People are losing more money then they make..and this is their HARD EARNED money.
    Will reporting them to consumer complaint or BBB help ? how can i file a case against them ?
    Does anyone here know WHO I can contact to get an answer or help me in reinstating my account ? Any help/ advice would be great. thanks.

2. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best that you can do is to spread the news so that people will know what the site is doing.

3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. I spent all day doing just that and after my 15th email to fiverr customer care, they DID reinstate my account BUT without the top seller status. I think it sucks but I am just TOO happy to have my account - my clients and my money - that I am not too bothered about that now. PHEW.

4. alistairgd

alistairgd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't mean to ruffle your feathers Jo, but Seriously??

You accumulated $800 on Fiverr and never thought to withdraw it? That was very risky, any number of things could have (and did) go wrong that could cause payment issues. Why would you want to leave so much money in the hands of a company you have no clue who is operating it or when they plan of pulling the plug, amongst other concerns.

As soon as I have made $100 I withdraw, everytime!

As to why you were banned, it is kind of strange. Usually, you get a warning. I got a warning once because I used a word that was picked up by the Terms of Service scanner, which looks out for people trying to arrange contact outside of Fiverr. You just get a warning though, not a full instant ban, so your situation is a little strange.

Hopefully you have already made your withdrawal, and as I said, clear your takings every $100.

5. dhonwyn

dhonwyn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fiverr Sucks

I have same problem. My account blocked yesterday January 14, 2012 WITHOUT GIVING ME THE REASON WHY I GOT BLOCKED. ALSO I STILL HAVE $168 HAVEN'T WITHDRAW. Is there any chance that i can get them?

Really bad experience. I am not doing harm to my employer but they banned me..

6. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should try seoclerks. It's far better and you get instant Paypal transfer with 0% fees! I have withdrawn like 150$+ till now with no issues. :)

7. Rahul_nair2202

Rahul_nair2202
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many are encountering similar issues

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I think they will credit it after 45 days

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

check this video out in youtube-
    My Fiverr Story - How I got my fiverr account enabled by Teeteekay
    This person also got account disabled but managed to get it enabled

8. info4you

info4you
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry to hear that, I would say continue to try and get your money through contacting them.

9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen problems like this not only in Fiverr but various websites. They ban you without a reason. I think the issue is that they ban people who are making good income or regular income. It's just a shame that Fiverr did that to you. Try seeking ways to get the money withdrawn as it is too complicated But never give up hope.

10. swg

swg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think its worth it you could file a court claim, although I guess it's where they're based.

I dont think they'd ban people for no reason, as you say, it'd hurt them in the long run.

What was your gig if you don't mind me asking?

11. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I got my money back from them. THANK GOD. I am still with Fiverr but not a top seller anymore . You can find my gigs here - http://fiverr.com/users/simplyjo

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad it all worked out for you Jo, did they give you an explanation?

13. techiezone

techiezone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What did you do to get back fiverr account?

14. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats!!!