FirstPokerTips

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by mv5869, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please review my new website First Poker Tips and the associated Poker Blog.

The site is about 6 months old now and I am building it into an authority site on my biggest passion, online poker.

I'd appreciate your first impressions, any advice on design and layout. Does it grab the eye. Does it convey the trustworthy image that I am looking for?

Thanks for any feedback BAF'ers.

2. europatv

europatv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats on a great start on your website!! Indeed your site gives the trustworthy and legitimate impression that you are looking for. It´s obvious your site has some good info about playing poker.

One thing I would do however is make your site more user friendly by cleaning up some of the links. I didn´t know where to click or what I should be looking for as there are so many links. I think aesthetically it was annoying to seeing that particular shade of red used in all the links and article titles. In short clean up some of the clutter and improve the look.

Best of luck ,)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your blog looks great mv5869, very professional in appearance and very well integrated with your site. A couple of small suggestions;

You still have links to WP's plug-in directory and support forums in the Pages section of your blog, you might want to remove those links.

I'm not sure about the bright red colour you use for your links on the site. It looks good for the post titles but given the quantity of links on your blog, it looks a little bit too much. That's just my opinion, perhaps other members will like that colour.

Welcome to Business Advice Forum europatv.

4. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks both. Good advice on the links. I agree red is too in your face so will change those. I want it to look like an authority so too many links will impact that.

Thanks also for the WP tips Fergal. I hadnt realised they were still there. Will get on it tonight (when I get back from my day job :) )

Any more thoughts from anyone? Likes/dislikes on design and layout?

5. John Anghelache

John Anghelache
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks great.

Just one little bit of advice. If you start getting a lot
    of traffic it will be wasted without an opt in form.

For the layout of your site, a good place to put an opt
    in form is in the top left hand corner. Offer some kind
    of ezine or tips sheet or something of value like that
    You'll probably end up capturing a lot of emails.

-- John Anghelache

6. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

John - Thanks. You're right. I should do that. But in the layout I'm struggling with where best to put it.

If its in the top left do you mean over where the logo is? Also is it a good idea to have it on every page in the same place, or just place it on some pages?

Thanks for advice