First Time Barcode Buyer Question?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mic81, Mar 29, 2013.

1. mic81

mic81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am in the business of importing china-made toys and selling them in the local market in New York. Last week some of my friends advised me to list my products on Amazon to earn some extra cash. But I am a little skeptical regarding getting barcodes for my products and think it will increase cost of my toys and will divert customers attention from my toys. So what should I do?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How much is the cost for the barcodes? DO you have any information about that? As far as customer attention is concerned i feel it would be affected.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum mic81, thanks for posting your business questions. Do Amazon stipulate that any products sold through them must contain a bar-code?

Honestly I wouldn't worry about that too much. Almost every product we purchase has a bar-code label, customers are used to seeing them and they can be placed anywhere on the packaging, even on the bottom.

Have you contacted your supplier and asked if they can help with the bar-coding?

4. rconnor

rconnor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will suggest you to sell without Amazon - as it will surely require you to get a separate barcode of easy different type of product. You can also sell your toys on eBay and Etsy, Howere if you feel so you can try Amazon but you gotta get Amazon Barcodes to sell there. You can read about Amazon Barcodes here simplybarcodes.net/barcode-amazon.html