First Post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by markgo, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markgo

markgo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

Newbie here. Greetings from North Carolina, all (or y'all, as some folks say in these parts). I have a business writing grant proposals for nonprofit organizations throughout the US and have signed up so that I can get (and perhaps give) occasional advice/input on business-related questions. Looks like a great forum, I look forward to using it.

One initial question -- can I use Tapatalk or some other iPhone app to access this forum from my phone?

Thanks, happy to be here!

Markgo

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just use my safari browser when accessing using ipad. I'm not sure if business advice forum has tapatalk but welcome to BAF! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome Markgo. What kind of nonprofits do you write proposals for and what are your main marketing methods to attract clients?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Markgo, good to meet you here. We don't currently have Tapatalk installed, however it is something that we may look at in the future.

5. jasminespero

jasminespero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all
    I am Jasmine. I am here to share my views with you all.

6. markgo

markgo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

Thanks for your warm greetings and for the info about Tapatalk. Good to know. I will use Safari (or Chrome!) on iPhone to participate. Sorry to be late to respond to the postings here—I think that I need to change my settings to get more regular updates.

Sayitproud, I write proposals for all types of nonprofit organizations, but most often for health and human service groups. Most of my marketing has been through networking and word-of-mouth. I occasionally do workshops to help keep my name out there and am listed on some nonprofit directories. I have a pretty decent web site that is my main "marketing material", along with some one-pagers. Not the best marketing plan of anyone around, and I'm sure there is more that I can do, but I've been in business for more than a decade now, and I am always trying to do better.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

markgo, welcome to the forum. I was just in North Carolina (the Outer Banks) for a wedding two weeks ago and was in Charlotte for a wedding last May. It's a beautiful state and I look forward to visiting again.

Some friends are in the second year of starting a winery there, so that will be another good reason to travel there!

8. markgo

markgo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, Business Attorney, we do love it here.

9. markdavis938

markdavis938
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome Markgo. What kind of nonprofits do you write proposals guaranteedbusinessgrants.com

10. markgo

markgo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I write for all kinds of nonprofits. I have the most experience with health, community development and human services proposals -- have been doing this for about 20 years now.

11. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Markgo,

Thanks for your warm greetings and for the info about Tapatalk. This is the good interesting topic here i found.

Thanks.
    Richard Thompson

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.