Firefox too slow?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by RestOwner, Jul 24, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

suddenly my firefox browser has gotten too slow lately, anyone know how I can fix this? now my ie browser is much faster ja!

2. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noticed that too, however it looks as if an update is available to be installed.

I installed Safari on my machine and it runs considerably faster than FireFox, so I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed this :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There's a lot about FireFox that I like, and in many ways it is more user-friendly than Google Chrome. However, for the last number of months I've mostly been using Chrome, simply because it is so much faster than FireFox. Maybe you should consider switching to Chrome.

4. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually do use Chrome, but I like using Firefox as well. I am going to try and eliminate some plug-ins and other stuff from it, clear some cookies, cache, browsing history.. etc. and see how it goes.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you updated your Firefox version? If no, you might need to update soon.
    And your Temporary Internet files should effect this sudden slow in your browser. Try to clear them using CCleaner. It's a fee tool that you can use to clear all temporary files that clogs in your cache and memory.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your firefox get slow that's because of multiple plug ins or add ons, try to remove those add ons that not really used by you. Also try to unistall firefox then reinstall it again with the latest version. Hope this will work. It was happened to me before, then i just follow that, now my firefox return on it's original pace.

7. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am not an expert

i am not an expert but i too had this problem few days ago , i updated it but it dd not work for me , i unistalled it and then reinstalled it , it is working fine now, try it out if u have the problem continuing :)

8. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for tip on the ccleaner, works great. firefox is suddenly running all kinds of updates.

9. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love firefox, I haven't had any problems with it ever.

10. death180

death180
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My FireFox seems to be running fine, I don't know what the issue is.

11. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Firefox is fine. It could be related to an add-on. If you've added or updated one recently, try disabling it and reloading Firefox to see if that helps. You can go through and do them all one-by-one to find which one, if any, is the culprit. There's a new release today, Firefox 4 beta 2. You could give that one a try and see if it's any more stable.

If your Flash version is outdated that can cause stability and security issues too.

Sure it's not your ISP? (And CCleaner is a great tool. I use it every day. Very fast too!)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for those suggestions Kay. I've un-installed FireFox from my PC and am downloading it again, version 3.6.8, to see if it runs better now.

13. igorvolseo

igorvolseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to uninstall the firefox browser and reinstall it.
    Its happen generally when a lot add ons and plug ins installed on it

14. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Firefox is running fine maybe is your internet connection try offing it for a minute or two. I like Firefox the type of adds-on they have.

15. pixelbob

pixelbob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your still experiencing problem after uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. You may try to scan your computer for spyware, there is a possibility that your computer is compromised.

16. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the ccleaner worked fine for me. also disabling some add-ons and plugins was a help. it's not my internet connection, my speed from verizon is 25mb/15mb. everything else works great, it was only my firefox.