Firefox or Chrome

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Johnpa012, May 9, 2014.

1. Johnpa012

Johnpa012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which Browser is easy to use for work.? Can you compare these browsers? Discuss the limitations and advantages of both.

#1 Johnpa012, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I've been using Firefox for work for about seven years. I started using it because I wanted an alternative to Internet Explorer, which at the time was vulnerable to viruses, Then, the company I work for started using a toolbar that is only available for Firefox. This same tool is not available for Chrome, but I am really satisfied with Firefox, and see no reason to change, even if it was.
    I have an Android phone, which has Google Chrome pre-loaded of course, so I've used Chrome on my phone, but have no compelling reason to want to change to Chrome on my computer.

3. Johnpa012

Johnpa012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, some of addons and toolbars do not work in chrome. And do you feel that firefox gives better speed than chrome?

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been using both browsers ever since they got available, personally and professionally.

Although I used Firefox more often than Chrome in the last 4 years due to many add-ons and easy usage of the toolbars on it, I feel comfortable and prefer using it.
    However in terms of speed, Chrome is better than Firefox.

In short, I use both, depending on how I would need them.

Regards,
    Mark

5. amrapaliasia

amrapaliasia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome both are quite good web browser but when we talk about web or programming guys than Mozilla Firefox is better because it’s a tools compatible web browser where you can installs most of tools easily.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

For me it's not a question of whether Firefox gives better speed than Chrome. As I said in my original post, I am satisfied with Firefox, and don't see a need to go any faster. So far, speed seems to be the only advantage to Chrome, and most use Firefox because of the compatibility with, and availability of, tools and add-ons to go with it. For those who view video or play online games, perhaps a faster browser would be an advantage, but for work, Firefox is better. I'd be interested to see what people who use the faster speed use it for. Do they use it for video and games, or does it help them in a work environment as well?

7. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion firefox and chrome are the same, they're both good to used. Firefox sometimes the add-ons doesn't functioning well so I need to used chrome like the Pr checker.

8. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, Google Chrome is the best browser. It has lot of features such as
    1. easy to download chrome
    2. fast and easy
    3. consumes very less CPU
    4. protection against latest security threats

9. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most aspects are already highlighted by guys before me. I want to add my opinion as web developer, that Chrome DevTools rulez ;) If you mess up with some websites I recommend Chrome.

10. loganmatson321

loganmatson321
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to use Mozilla Firefox because there is problem in Chrome. Many times this browser save your login details.

11. George Freeman

George Freeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm using Chrome. It is a kind of habit for me, nothing more.

12. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even mozilla saves your log-in details, it's just your choice if you will let your browser save your log-in details or not..And even if it's stored, you can just delete it anytime you want.

13. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have used both browsers, and In my opinion, chrome is best - because it is light and fast providing all the options as that in Firefox,
    In firefox, I faced many crash reports, and errors during my work.

14. jayantisoftwares

jayantisoftwares
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have used both browsers but i think firefox is too much better as compared to chrome because we can use different toolbars in firefox but not in chrome.

15. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Been used Firefox for years but the Android mobile version is really disappointing, Chrome is performing there.
    Firefox has lot of useful plugins.

16. Enrique2014

Enrique2014
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have used both browser. But when i use VPN then i use Chrome browser. Because Chrome works very good for VPN using time. And Firefox browser is very easy to use all time. Maximum time i did use Firefox browser.

17. alisesdigs

alisesdigs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I understand, Chrome is the least resource intensive. However, Firefox has many great add-ons. Both are very stable and far easier on your system than Internet Explorer. It completely depends on what applications you're running through the browser. Some are optimized for one browser, some for the other, and some are even optimized for Internet Explorer. It's best to check with the people who run the application to figure out which one is best for your specific needs.

#17 alisesdigs, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  18. ejsbayfrontcafe

ejsbayfrontcafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used firefox for 5years of work and its actually good in function and fast.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am in the process of moving everything to Chrome. I am ,also, moving my email account to gmail. I feel better protected from hackers using a Google product. My big concern in internet security. There are tons of hackers out there.

20. thasan406

thasan406
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favorite is Chrome. It's fast & very reliable to use. I can't think anything instead of Chrome.