finding investors?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bloop, Nov 20, 2009.

1. bloop

bloop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

anybody know of a good way to find some investors?I am lookin to get something goin but do not have the funds to get it started.Would prob need 50,000-100,000 atleast

2. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out the National Venture Capital Association’s website. Under the “Resource Area” tab, you’ll find numerous descriptions of, and contact information for, regional VC associations, such as the Atlanta Venture Forum and the Colorado Venture Capital Association.

Angel investors aren’t quite as organized, but there are organizations that match up angel investors and entrepreneurs. Active Capital is one national angel investor organization. Angel Capital Associationis another; it will lead you to approximately 200 regional sites across North America, including Alliance of Angels, which is based in Washington state and focused on high-tech operations.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

4. Joe Maritez

Joe Maritez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please notice, that you not only have to know where and to who target your investment offer. You must also know HOW to prepare the offer and HOW to proceed with negotiations. Try reading what equity investors actually focus on.

#4 Joe Maritez, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  5. manu.kumaar26

manu.kumaar26
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi bloop,

I suggest u to search for investor portals where u can post ur business idea or proposal can raise invest for ur business.

6. gabes02

gabes02
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joe hit it right on the head. I always tell people - finding them is not the problem. There are tons of sources for that. WHAT and HOW you present yourself is everything... I will say, however, that the small amount you are seeking is the hardest to find in this environment. You are are really looking at friends and family or credit card debt at that level.

7. bloop

bloop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everybody and sorry for the late response....i've been really busy

anyway,don't get me wrong i would like to find an investor with more money.I have a bingo hall and basically want to do 1 of 2 options...

1.Open a "mom and pop" bingo that should make anywhere between 100,000-300,000 a year

2.Open a super bingo (usually have big payouts of 100,000 and people travel from all over to play).There is a super bingo about 40 minutes away from the location i want that make a profit of about 80,000 on the saturdays they have these super bingos.If one would open in this area they would travel here before there.The investment on this however would most likely be in 500,000-1,000,000 range

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update bloop. In what city or state is your bingo hall located?

9. bloop

bloop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it's in maryland