Finding buyers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by clifborder4fm, Jan 8, 2014.

1. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys so I have a few friends who have plantations in their home countries in Africa producing a variety of things locally (for now) some of which are peanuts and cocoa beans. They told me I could get a cut of the profit if I help them find buyers in the U.S. and Europe. My question is, what's a good place to start in searching for wholesale b2b buyers for these natural resources or just in general?

2. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can't find buyer you just have to make good advertisement which will attract buyers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angela.naethon

angela.naethon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find some grocery stores near you talk with them and do some advertisement for this.

4. veronicajackson

veronicajackson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You Should Advertisement like Sign board, Pamflete and share to your friends and family.

5. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes the way to do it is start locally. While you are trying to sell to them, you will learn what they are looking for. If you get good relationship with some you might ask them how you can find other food stores.

Try to figure out which type of store would be interested in your products.

My local public library has databases online, free to use, that I can look up business by different criteria. When I have my list of potential customers then I can try to contact them. Maybe you have access to a resource like this.

I just noticed that you mentioned cocoa beans. Those you will want to sell to manufacturer. Maybe all your products would be for manufacturer. So those are the ones you need to look for.

#5 RoseAb, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  6. isisplinfo

isisplinfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should think about having nice packaging and branding first and then sell that to your local stores. With the feedback, reviews and the sell number you can explore more and try for USA market. You can also aim for good contacts for USA market while selling it in local market itself.

In short: Start from local and try to improve your reach while offering quality products at Good Price.

7. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya I mean setting up an Alibaba account seems like the best bet. Most local stores are large chains like safeway, costco ect.. I feel like they already have their sources saturated. The manufacturer idea does sound interesting though..

8. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

If your friends have a business in an African country, then after confirming with that them their delivery model (packaging, transportation to the US etc) is in place, you may also check whether they have created awareness for their brand in the market, especially their local market. The strategy to approach B2B is different when the prospective seller is an established player with a known presence in their native country. Presuming that all that is already taken care of, the best way to approach buyers for B2B transactions is identify and contact companies who are already doing bulk buying from African countries for the products in question. Talk to them, show them samples, inform how much you can supply and at what rates; and so on. A B2B transaction is a whole different ballgame as compared to selling small quantities online.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay ~ corporate Guru.