Finding a Business Partner in starting a CPA/Law Practice in Southern California

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Partner4LIfe, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Partner4LIfe

Partner4LIfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been a CPA for several years and will become a licensed attorney very shortly. I believe that starting your own business solo can be very tough. Therefore, I have come to the realization that it may be better to find someone that is in the same boat as me.

My question, is how do I find another CPA and licensed attorney that wants to start their own business and want to partner up with. It is not like there is a whole line of people that I can meet. Any advice would be helpful?

#1 Partner4LIfe, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Partner4LIfe where will you be setting up your business, i.e. what country, state or country will it be in?

3. Partner4LIfe

Partner4LIfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

USA, Southern California. Any advice would be helpful in setting this up.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest advertising in local newspapers and business publications. Hopefully someone who has similar interests will see your ad and get in touch. You could also join local business organisations and networks. Meet the other members and get the word out that you are looking for a partner for your new business.

Another approach could be to contact people in your area who have recently set up similar businesses to see if they would be interested in a partner, some of them may be struggling and be delighted to have the opportunity to get some additional support and share the burden.