Figured Id see what you all thought.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by lynxus, Mar 12, 2013.

1. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So.
    Open to suggestions, critique etc.
    All designed in house, custom CMS etc.

Would be good to know:
    - your thoughts on the site itself
    - maybe your first impressions of the software? ( Click TryNow to loginwithout signing up etc . )

http://www.imsupporting.com

Thanks
    G

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall I really like the appearance of your site, it is very appealing and professional. The points I would note are as follows;

• Personally I find your Try Now page a little confusing. Perhaps it's just me, but I feel that page could be made a little more simple and user-friendly. It is a very important page, because people who click there want to start using your software, hence the action steps for them to do that, should be as clear and simple as possible.
    • The "Trynow" text in your nav bar could be improved. Perhaps it should be "Try Now" or "Free Trial"
    • When I visit your comparison page. The "Leave a Message" tab blocks some of the page content, that I actually want to read. That is a pet hate of mine and it is something that will actually make me leave a site, sorry. Screenshot.
    • I feel that the styling of the links in the site footer, could be improved. Perhaps make the background colour a lighter grey or make the link text a stronger bolder colour.
    • There is a lot of space not used in the header of the site, to the right of the logo. Perhaps that would be a good place for one of two of your buttons, such as "Leave a message", "Free Trial" or "Install your live chat in 5 minutes".

As I said, overall the site looks great and I wish you every success with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Fergal

Thanks for the feedback,
    You have very good points and all will be addressed.

- I will be moving the "leave a message" / Chat now button to the top right of the header ( New style button to fit well with that area ) .
    - Yes the try now, I will re-do to make it clearer. Possibly hiding the username and password with a simple " Click to login " button after some clear marketing blurb.
    - Once again, Agreed with the footer. I will certainly make it lighter.

Awesome review man.
    Thanks again.

Anyone for anymore?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I see a few things:

- I like the content on the page, just think it need to be re-positioned. Think of it like a Landing page and consider how a user looks at the page (top left to bottom right). You want to have the signup box at the bottom right of the content area, and all the features & benefits above and to the left of the form. The sidebar should be for supporting info like testimonials, social, login, etc...

- I am have a hard time figuring out the advantages of your system, what makes it better than other options? Whatever it is, perhaps try and highlight that better, visitors will try to identify that naturally. That also ties into the COMPARE section, I clicked it thinking it would show me your site vs popular competitors highlighting why your is better. I would use this page for that purpose and not the comparison of your packages.

- Your Features section is extensive, you may want to consider summarizing in a quick Video Tour, or have the info Popup as opposed to a new page, etc... page shows extensive features but users wont read it.

That's some recommendations I would make, the rest would be around the Sales aspect of the layout & messaging.

GL
    Bobby

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website response rate is good....Eye catching at first sight..attractive....Menu Title is creatively designed with bigger fonts....Good use of colours....in short good effort for all in one IN_HOUSE design ..:)

6. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall 10/7.5 , just want to say one thing , your Bottom section is non-pro , because of blue Links Colours, try to use light colour it would be great , (like White or light gray or light Sky blue etc)

Thanks you !

7. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds like a nice service. I suppose that requires personnel staying on during chat operation hours?

8. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies! Have taken note and will amend where needed.

Thanks again.

-G

9. RaySaj2

RaySaj2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i know you have had a lot of replies but have to say that good branding....which is nicely tied into the domain name....

there is a typo in your menu: "Trynow" but overall good use of call to actions.you may want to use a bit more css based styles...to split the header and footer from the main body area...

10. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So.. Taken on board a bunch of comments ( not all as yet but most )

Any thoughts?

-G

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall, I feel the site does look better. I still feel you could improve it a little more by changing the background colour and / or the links colour in the footer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The header of your site looks nice to me. The logo looks better. The site looks simple, blue and cool. Overall, I like the site.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys. Happy egg day

Made a few more changes..

+ Moved the "Sign up" to above the fold and inside the main header. Figured its a better spot and ive already seen a slight increase in registrations. So "ABOVE THE FOLD" really is the key here i think..
    + Added a small "features image to the bottom right of the header image" This is where the "register" panel was and I didn't want too much text here ( otherwise it would seem far to cluttered.. )
    + Moved the "live chat" button to above the support text on the menu.
    + Cleaned up the "try Now" section so its easy to login now ( just push the button )

Re: the Footer link colours..
    What would you suggest? White doesnt work is its unreadble with the BG color and using html5 drop shadows isnt feasible until html5 is more widely used.
    Currently its set to Dark blue.

As always Thoughts on my long and painful changes to make it 100%
    Obviously it wont float everyone's boat.

Thanks
    G