Feel Good Ripple - Credit Union Gives Customers $10 for Free

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Fergal, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Servus Credit Union has launched http://www.feelgoodripple.ca/. They are giving 20,000 visitors to their branches $10 each and asking them to do some good by passing on that $10 to help someone else. You can see how it works in the video below;

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ykALPRq6wE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ykALPRq6wE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

What good deed would you do with $10?

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For $10, I will donate it to a private institutions that are helping the typhoon victims in our country.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd buy food or clothes for homeless people.

4. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There lives a kid near by my home whose parents are homeless (almost like beggers) I would buy that kid an ice cream and chocolates.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's very thoughtful of you dahlia84 and I'm sure it would make his day, but would you not buy him more healthy food?

6. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow what an amazing way to spread goodwill and harmony. This is really nice.

7. substance

substance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, If I get 10$, then I will try to invest in some good business on the net that starts with less and maybe with the profits, will try to buy some gifts for people in our place (poor relatives) who are really in need of it.
    Because even with just 10$, you can help people who are really in need.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The concept behind the idea is that you take the $10 and "Pay It Forward" to help other people. It's not intended that you invest it in a business.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, ice cream is not that healthy. It can be considered a junk food.
    Fruits, sandwiches, or maybe treat him/her to McDonald's, are more healthy than ice cream. :D

10. kamran

kamran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are right but he has to check his pocket if he afford it then he may take him to some of food hotels not so expensive but enough to feed his stomach.

11. krizzhie

krizzhie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Their idea is really cool! It is really a pay it forward task! If I have the chance to partake in this activity, I would be real honored. I think I would make use of the money to help add fun to a certain orphanage. You know I can help them a little with their food, supplies etc. :)

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, McDonald's is so cheap. It just cost less than a Dollar for a meal. :D