Feedback on this sales page will be highly appreciated please

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Azertyle, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all as the title says I will like to optimize my sales page in order to increase the conversion rates.

What I have done :

1.Install Popup Domination :

consequences

-increase subscribers
    -reduce conversion rates

2.Signed up for Crazy Egg

Results

-I am currently studying the results and many people are clicking on my "buy" button but seems like nothing converts.

BTW I have when you click the "buy" button on my sales page you get redirected to Paypal directly so it seems like there must me a problem between this process which makes people not to continue.

More information

-The website currently averages 20 UV/daily

I aim to increase this value via :
    -article marketing
    -building backlinks

So what do I want from you?

-Feedback on the website (every aspect of it, test it, go through it etc)
    -What you like about the website
    -what you dont like about the website
    -what you will like to see on the website
    -what you will not like to see on the website
    -your advice on increasing the daily traffic
    -your advice on increasing the conversion rates
    -why will you buy this ebook
    -why wouldnt you buy this ebook (related to the website please)

ps: Do you think buying a forum related to Fiverr will be beneficial to it?

Thanks a lot guys

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's an obvious contradiction there.

The question is do the benefits of increasing your subscriptions warrant the drop in conversion rates. It's a difficult one to measure objectively, given some of the intangible benefits of subscriptions (e.g. marketing for future products, future conversions, etc.), but one you'll need to review closely and make a call based on your specific scenario and long term goals.

The button isn't a 'buy' button. It's an 'add to shopping cart' one. The fact that it brings the product directly to a buy page rather than adding the product to a shopping cart will instantly cost you trust with users. If it doesn't do what you said it will, they leave. Make the button give a clear description, "Buy now".

This is even worse where the image gives the impression that different options are available, yet the entire image simply links to the buy page. This is very misleading, not good from a users point of view.

The redirect page with the 'Powered by...' is also a little off putting. Each step that causes a slight doubt in the mind of the user (even if it's not a warranted/logical doubt) needs to be removed.

Far too much wasted space above the fold. The page is contained within a very narrow column, reducing your opportunity to present beneficial information in the first couple of seconds. If you could switch to a fluid layout, reducing the wasted space (especially above the fold), it will have a positive impact on conversion rates.

The information is presented in a tab called "Blog". This is a little odd and something I'd suggest changing.

Give more prominence to the testimonials you have (and continue to build more). You need to build user trust in you and the product, this is a clear way to do it.

You start off by using green to signify positives and red to signify negatives. Towards the end of the page you go on to use a changing red and green text to detail all positives. It just looks strange, I'd suggest sticking with the ol' green for good system.

The covering of private information on the image looks very poor (it appears like a MS Paint spray can was used). I'd tidy that up and make the image look a lot more professional (a simple shading and then blur in photoshop would suffice).

There is no information on the site to show me that the book (or the author) actually have any knowledge above and beyond my own (heh, I've never used fiverr, so that's saying something). Giving a snippet from the book or even just some high level advice relating to fiverr would be advisable to again build trust with the user that you know what you're talking about.

"I" is used a lot on the page, yet there is zero indication on who the author/owner/etc is. The lack of contact information/privacy policy would instantly put me off. Every effort needs to be made to build trust, important information like that being missing from the page totally erodes trust. (I think I spotted somewhere that you were UK based? If so, it's in breach of the EU regulations in terms of data protection)

4. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Fergal thanks for approving the post.
    @Paul Thanks a lot for the insightful feedback, please I will really appreciate it if you could check the page again as I have spent my whole morning trying to make the necessary changes you advised me to do.

I have a plugin in place which offers people to subscribe for free and receive the first 3 chapters which I think serves as a snippet of the ebook.
    Also I have proof of my FAILURES as well as my SUCCESS which goes a long way to prove my transparency as well as proof of my knowledge.

Thanks a lot man.
    What else can I add without making the book useless.

5. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As much as I value my own opinion, it is just one opinion so I'd never suggest following everything (or even 'anything' if you don't agree with it) I suggest.

It does, but if you want to earn my information you need to give me a clear reason to hand over personal contact details. If I see a sales pitch with no substance to it (i.e. something that convinces me I will gain from subscribing), I simply won't subscribe. Look at the sign ups you have made in the past and how they convinced you to make that step (and just as relevant, look at the sign ups you didn't make and why the site lost your confidence).

These do suggest (without proof) that you are capable of making a nice income from the site, which is great, but they don't show your ability to turn that knowledge into a valuable ebook that's worth paying for. I've had lecturers in the past that were amazing experts in their fields, yet were totally incapable of passing that knowledge onto their students as they just didn't have an aptitude for teaching/lecturing.

I'd personally try and expand on the 'before and after' on the about page. It's a great avenue to show how the knowledge that you've gained, and now put into the book, has allowed you to hugely increase your income on the site.

I'd personally still look at providing a small section of the book available for public viewing, but it is subjective. If you feel it's 'giving too much away', then simply ignore that suggestion.

To put it in context, look at the information on BAF. Many experts provide a lot of great information totally FOC. If you were looking to employ someone, would you go with someone who made a 2 line sales pitch or would you go with someone who has given out great free advice showing their technical knowledge and expertise? The thought "If they give that for free, imagine how much I'll get from their paid service" is always going to play a part, while earning a lot of trust as they see how good the product on offer is.

You've already made a number of tweaks to the site that I agree with. If you're planning on making more, I'd suggest adding in Google Website Optimizer to monitor if the changes are having the desired effect. It's a great tool for monitoring the effects of page optimization efforts.