Father Of SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by spyindiatom, May 23, 2013.

1. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can any one tell me, who is the father of SEO..?

2. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bruce Clay ??

3. peggyp

peggyp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing life father of SEO but you will find many people who did good contribution to improve the way people are working in SEO.

4. jayanta01

jayanta01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Bruce Clay known as father of SEO. But many other people like Gareth James contributed to improve SEO techniques.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There is actually a website,"The History Of SEO", that helps to answer this question. In 1995, Danny Sullivan wrote The Webmaster's Guide to Search Engines, and started Search Engine Watch in 1996. Bruce Clay started his business in 1996, but no one was using the term "search engine optimization" at the time. In 1999, Bruce Clay was a speaker at the first Search Engine Strategies Conference, organized by Danny Sullivan.
    According to Wikipedia, the term " search engine optimization" was first used by John Audette of Multimedia Marketing Group.

• Like Like x 1
  6. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really a very good information, which I got accidentally as I was not looking for this and have never thought about the history that who has started or anything like that.

7. 27001consultant

27001consultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are the father of SEO. If you are doing always white hat SEO then nobody can harm you even not any updates of google. neither mattcutt nor bruce clay stop you to get rank in search engine so in my opinion YOU are father of SEO.

8. mobilejammer

mobilejammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree to the point of 27001 consultant. If u doing white hat seo ur search results is good and any body not beat ur rankings.

9. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

bruce clay...,,.

10. pushpendra

pushpendra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bruce Clay is known as father of SEO

11. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bruce Clay used first time the name for SEO otherwise this technique been used before too.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The OP is looking either for the first person to use the process that we now know as SEO, or the first person to use the term. He is not interested in platitudes or playing word games.

Where did you find this information, Can you reference an article that refers to Bruce Clay using the term "father of SEO"? In my first post, you'll notice I found another person who was using similar processes a year before Bruce Clay, and even when Bruce Clay started, no one was using the term "search engine optimization", so could not be using the term "SEO".

According to Wikipedia, John Audette was the first person to use the term "search engine optimization". Did you find another source that says that Bruce Clay used it first? Where did you find it? Can you back up your information?

13. rajendran

rajendran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes of course! It is Bruce clay. Bruce clay is a father of Search Engine Optimisation. Bruce Clay has written the SEO code of ethics and it is translated in 18 languages.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The SEO Code Of Ethics page is a page on the website owned by Bruce Clay, Inc., and has been copyrighted by Bruce Clay, Inc. It does provide a list of ethical rules that should be followed by every SEO provider. This endorsement of the SEO Code Of Ethics, however, is not, and should not be interpreted as, an endorsement of Bruce Clay, Inc. Anyone wishing to view the SEO Code Of Ethics can find it here.

• Like Like x 1