Fair agreement?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by DennisLaymi, Mar 25, 2013.

1. DennisLaymi

DennisLaymi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work as contractor to my "ex-employer" just because of taxes reasons. By having my own company I pay much less taxes because I earn more money since my employer pays me the exact same amount as he used to pay + the taxes which he was paying to government for having me as employee.

Now that I have my own "company" I have been thinking a lot about running my own business and start making more money.
    I have also found a gap in my employers company: It turns out that they lack on finding new developers. And I'm very good in finding them. I already have a list of freelancers with price and availability that passed on the test I have submitted them.

I though about hiring this developers through my company and then sell the services to my employer but I don't want to be unfair.
    I want to get into a business model where it would be a good deal for me and for my "employer".
    So I'm looking for a good argument to sell this idea to my boss.

If anyone have any opinion or idea which I could implement here, please let me know!

Thanks!
    Dennis

2. RaySaj2

RaySaj2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Working as a contractor you will still need agreements in place.....and an agreement in place for all the freelancers.....companies provide human resources to companies for a fixed daily cost....this can be done easily , however the problem arises when there is a dispute in the work that is carried out...if the quality is low then I would suggest you to use your have a backup strategy in place for this...

3. DennisLaymi

DennisLaymi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im well over being a contractor now. Its not an issue anymore.

The issue which I'm tackling here is whether there is a fair argument of me selling developers to my employer or if the right thing to do is just give the developers contact to my employer and he will do the direct contract with them.

My idea was that if I would provide the developers (through my company) I could make some profit on it and the question is what argument could I use to prove that: If I make a contract between my company and my employer and provide the contractors to them (through my company) is a better deal then they just go and get the contractors directly themselves (in this case I would also provide the contact to the developers but I would not make any money on it).

I hope its understandable.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. clydefreeman

clydefreeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreement form is very important in a company because it is stated there your rights as employer or contractor. Agreement should be fair with both parties.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Dennis I'd suggest that you spend some time with a pen and paper and write a list of every way you can think of, that this arrangement could be beneficial to your employer. I don't know the specific circumstances but your list could include benefits such as the following;

• Ready access to a wider pool of development expertise
    • Cost savings
    • Availability of developers for shorter term contracts
    • Less employment obligations in areas such as holiday pay, sick pay, medical cover, etc
    • Improved quality of development work
    • Increased flexibility in project management
    • Less company resources required for staff recruitment and human resources.
    You will probably be able to think of more items to add to the list and once you have your list you will feel a lot more confident that your services will be of benefit to your company. Personally I don't think that there is anything "unfair" about the arrangement at all. All going well it will be a win win situation that benefits you and the company.

Hopefully that helps?

Good luck with it and please do let us know if you have any further questions.

6. DennisLaymi

DennisLaymi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, thank you very much for the reply! It has clarified my mind regarding to the pros and cons.
    I will surely put my thoughts together and improve my list.

Thanks everyone for the replies I think I can take it from here!
    I will let you go how it went.
    Dennis

• Like Like x 1