Failing the first time, improving chances of success 2nd 3rd and 4th time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Wesley1982, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Wesley1982

Wesley1982
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I find that most business ideas and plans can fail the first time. Then, with experience and lessons learned your chances of success and improvement build the 2nd and 3rd time you try to implement a business start-up.

2. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes and no. I'm pretty sure many business people don't go into business to fail but some of them actually do. Heck, I failed many times when I started out in the business world, but I kept on picking myself back up. It all depends on the person, really.

But the thing that really gets me is that many people looking to go into business, is afraid of failure. So they either do everything in their power to NOT fail or they don't even bother going into business and procrastinate because they think they'll fail anyway.

Failure is a part of business. You must fail at some aspects to learn from the mistakes that caused you to fail to then not do it again. Every little success I've achieved so far is because of all the times I've failed at something. But it's all a learning experience for me ... that's all I could say about that.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This thread reminds of the quote below which is from Max Levchin, one of the founders of PayPal;

We can often learn a lot more from our failures than we do from our successes and it's better to try and fail than to live with the regret of not trying.

4. uttkarshsing

uttkarshsing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firsts you need to find out market requirement. You fullfill those requirement as your skill. So you can eassily handle your business. Your business is growing very fast.

5. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am getting struck with one more thought same as Fergal..
    "Failure doesn't means that you are failed, it tells you another many ways that , this work can't be done in this manner".
    So I should say that if you are failed in something, it teaches you many new things..

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Reading this thread reminds me of something I sometimes think about - for some people, failure is not a option, it's an opportunity.

7. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

According to Dunn and Bradstreet Small business primarily fail because of a lack of skill on the part of the business owner. So as we try again and gain more skills our chances of success improve. So when we fall down, we need to pick ourselves up and try differently. But there is also another way. Brian Tracy writes of this discovery he made in his book "Eat That Frog!" He says his struggles changed when he started following this strategy of asking successful people that were doing better than he was, how. He then did what they advised and his life changed. He still marvels at this revelation that some people are more successful simply because they do certain things differently and they do the right things right and that if you want it too, you must find out what it is they do in that area and do it yourself until you get the same results they are getting. Mentoring shortens the learning curve and takes you to your goals in rocket drive!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you read many of Brian Tracy's books Changed Creation? Which ones would your recommend most?

9. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Failing for the first time doesn't mean you lost the game. It can prove to be a great experience for you and you can bounce back with more strength and knowledge to get success in your second or third chance. But also remember not to make failure a habit of yours.

10. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes sir you are right if a person does a mistake first time then next time he would never do that mistake again and it would helped him a lot in getting success.