Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by aleepta, Sep 13, 2009.

1. aleepta

aleepta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many of U around here use social networking sites such as Orkut and Facebook?? Which one do u think is the best till date?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I use FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter - links in my sig. I wouldn't say that anyone of them is better than the others. They are all different. Facebook is good for keeping in touch with friends, family and personal contacts. Linked In is great for business networking. Twitter is good for short, more fun type chats and news snippets.

What's your own opinion on the subject?

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer facebook. Facebook is the best social network to keep in touch with all the friends compare to other social network

4. pakidesigner

pakidesigner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is best, by Alexa figures and fact face book is top.
    orkut use to be some how as a facebook styled site. but now ..its only face book...which is breaking records websites.

5. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is the biggest social network and many people prefer it, but you will be uncomfortable working with it and building your page and adding your friends. Then at any minute they can just disable your account and close it . You will just loose everything and all the time you spent building your page and looking for your friends.

6. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am more active on Facebook and Twitter. Also check Linkedin sometimes.

Also I use Facebook most of the time to create Facebook pages for my clients.

7. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have my company account in facebook, twitter and linkedin. All three are good. Facebook is good to connect with your fans and friends. Twitter is good if you want to constantly submit events and news. And linkedin is a professional social network..

8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How useful do you think Linkedin is?

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

JPM LinkedIn is great for keeping in contact with people in your business network. I've been building up my connections there and it is a good way of re-establishing contact with people I worked with in the past. I don't use it for any form of marketing or promotion, for me the main benefit is having a place where I can go to find and contact people that I've had previous dealings with.

10. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I Started with orkut, experienced social media, came in contacts with my friends...Then switch over to FaceBook because all my friends have dusted Orkut.....SO FB is good for friendship networking and Linked is good for Professional Networking..A line should be drawn between Friends and Professionals!! Both have their own pros!!

11. bonitasen

bonitasen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook Is best for online marketing and advertisement.

12. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook can be the best for online marketing, if used in the correct manner. It can be a great way to connect to your niche fans and keep them aware of the company happenings.

13. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter at the moment (as well as blogging and other minute social networks). I was a regular user of MySpace back in 2007, but moved onto bigger, and better platforms.

#13 Richard Edmonds, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  14. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Facebook is good and it is popular also. It has greater visitors than the Gmail. It is also shown in news...

15. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook WAS great and fun too but I guess now the enormous privacy on the facebook is making it boring

16. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Facebook is better due to almost have the world is using it. The only thing that I don't particularly like about it is that many problems start from it. However, for advertising your site(s) Facebook can be a useful tool. :) the only thing I would not recommend is that you put too much personal information on there if you are afraid of identity theft. They are really easy to hack.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Unfortunately, that's also been my experience. I previously had lots of friends on FaceBook who were people that I knew online. However, due to a security threat concerning my privacy and that of my family, I now only accept FaceBook friend requests from people I know in real life. It's a shame, but you do need to protect your privacy on social networking sites such as FaceBook.

18. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But fergal if some one wil make his/her different account for their business purpose then it will not harm the privacy which you are talking about....

19. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess this is was also the reason of the fall of orkut when they increase the privacy due to some threats and then nobody liked it. Everybody loves to explore new people rather than just keep connected with the people you know and that was exactly the charm of internet. So, I guess on the one side people should also use sense when they are interacting with cyber people and not leak their private information and on the other hand social networking sites should allow people to interact with different people in different countries.

20. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii guys i am back in BA
    generally I am using face book,Twitter and Linkedin for my SMO Purpose in linked i am using Q/A Servcies