FaceBook Usage Leading to Divorce

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Fergal, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Recent research has shown that the use of FaceBook and other social networking sites is resulting in marriage breakdown and divorce. The ability to use FaceBook to reconnect with old friends and establish new ones provides more temptations for married people. Also, spurned parters are using FaceBook to find evidence that their spouse is being flirtatious with other people or even cheating on them. Read more here in the UK Telegraph.

2. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I have heard stories of people cheating on their wives via FaceBook. Its becoming an every day part of peoples lives now but it's tricky to think about who to blame, FB or the husbands?

3. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in my country, there is a husband who beat his wife because his wife is busy using facebook and having an affair with another man through facebook. The beating was reported to the police and the police put the husband into jail :|

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Keaton, like you, my original thought was that the story was about husbands cheating on their wives. However, I'm sure that it also applies to women cheating on their husbands. Personally I'd blame the people involved, not FaceBook. FaceBook is just a tool, that can be used for both good and bad. It's not the tool that's to blame, when it is used badly.

5. iamjohns

iamjohns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had heard from my friend that there were a lot of people saying they had found out things about their partners on Facebook and I decided to see how prevalent it was. I was really surprised to see 20 percent of all the email i receive containing references to Facebook. The most common reason seemed to be people having inappropriate sexual chats with people they were not supposed to.

6. punik99

punik99
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re :

I don’t want to divorce with my wife but she does not leave other option and we took divorce before 2 month. My divorce lawyer really helps me not only in legal issue but also emotionally. divorce attorney tampa