Facebook Page Timeline

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Shahrier, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, timeline has been brought to pages. By far the worst idea by the facebook directors, in my opinion. What do you guys think of this?

I think they should have just added covers to normal pages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StockJohn

StockJohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree I think it really is a violation of rights! I think we should be able to decide whether we want the timeline, not it be forced upon us.

I think this socila media giant is just collecting onformation about us to sell to other companies!

I'm sure there must be partitions against this...

:mad:

3. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the new timeline for Facebook pages for its new dimension, which is more wider now. Otherwise the tabs on the left navigation as they use to look were amazing and also the Wall as it used to be.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know about you guys but I liked the timeline on Facebook Pages. The best part, the cover photo! Since mine is a fan page for my blog, I used the same header on the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/JEFusion

Furthermore, you can pin your important post/status on the top of the page so that it will be noticed first.

So far, I never got any problems with it.

5. oakco

oakco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw that they were changing it.. I dislike it too! I like the original layout. It's way simpler. And now I'm going to have to create some sort of graphic for that banner image..

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The timeline features for business pages are brilliant.

We've set up a couple for some of our clients and are really happy with the results.

The most striking and positive changes.

Branding ability with the new visual layout.
    Ability to 'pin' and feature a post to the top for 7 days - great for a competition or announcement.
    Feature a post so it stretches across the entire page.
    More of a social feel to it, less important is how many likes, but rather who likes the page.
    Ability to add milestones; for example a new product launch or new store opening.
    Ability for fans to message the business and for the business to reply.

There are many more features too, plus the admin panel is much more intuitive.

Overall, in my opinion, it's a resounding success and only one that can get better.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, this time, your fans/followers, can be able to contact you on the page via the new "messages" feature. This way, you can keep your personal account private as you take on queries from your followers.

Although I don't really liked the timeline feature before (as my profile is still on the old layout), it's not that bad. Instead of Waiting on March 30th for the mandatory upgrade, why not do now to get used on all of its features.

If you have a problem on the cover photo, you can add anything that represents your page. You can even use previously uploaded images.

8. WarStopper

WarStopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Errggg... I hate the new timeline to be honest. Do not know why people would want to know what they were doing 3 years ago or anything... :)

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nostalgia?

10. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here either and I would have to agree with you :thumbsup:

I still like the simplicity/functionality of G+ way way ahead.

:peace:

11. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Timeline might be a good as compared to the previous version that is the thing people are using it. But Personally I didn't like it, I never used Timeline as I think it is quite complicated to used it. Facebook's simple pages are quite user friendly and much better than timeline.

12. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Old layout float wall content to left, timeline is a good idea to occupied those white space. But for human eye ball, we hardly to focus both left and right at the same time. Overall timeline feature is great, it make us easily to follow someone news and activity.

13. charm01

charm01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for me, Timeline isn't user-friendly at all. Unlike the older version of Facebook's Profile Page. It is more of a blog now than just a wall. But somehow, you're gonna get use to it.

14. yakimo

yakimo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. What do you find more intuitive in the admin panel ? thks

15. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is an utter mistake. By doing this timeline the people who had problems with others and stalker are going to open them up to those people again. There are still problems with the last changes that were made now this. We are entitled to our privacy this again is a violation to that privacy. How many times are they going to have to be sued to get the point we like our privacy. I finally had found a place that I was comfortable being on the internet now. I'm back to where am I going to go to be safe on here? Thank you so much Facebook directors for taking that from me and millions of others! You are now no better then Big Brother to us all.

16. gbcecil

gbcecil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like it but I would like to have the choice to have it or not

17. alexllever

alexllever
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Omg! So do i!

OH MY GOD!! finally i found sb. doesnt like the damn timeline as well!!!!! u have no idea how much i hate it.

if i want to know which happened closer, should i suppose to stare at THAT STUPID LINE and to discover which point is higher?! if i dont see the date!

18. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time line is a good tool, if you use it correctly. Dont want everyone to know your business? Dont put something up there for others to use against you. Not everyone has a computer and still keeps their info private. If your using business checks, and want the best fraud protection, use the highest security you can find. Keeping your information secured on the computer is easy to do, but some people create drama that isnt needed.

19. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks like MySpace... I am going to slowly be switching to Google+

20. ueon

ueon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

personally, i think the timeline is a much more brandable feature than the original pages. but in the end, success based on exploiting marketing advantages of a layout isn't going to get you far