FaceBook Numbers Game

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Fergal, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Last week FaceBook users added cartoon images to their profiles, this week it's the FaceBook Numbers game. It works like this;

FaceBook users send their friends a message with a unique number and ask them what they really think of them. The friend updates their status with what they think of the other person and they include the identification number in that status so they don't have to tell everyone who they are talking about.

You can read more about the FaceBook Numbers Game here on FaceBook.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I must be getting old because I don't understand the appeal of this LOL. Maybe because I'm past caring much about what others think of me. :)

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand the point of this either. What's the reason for the number? What does the number have to do with someone's opinion of you? After they express their opinion of you, then what?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The number is used so that you can post about someone in public, without everyone knowing who you are referring to. For example, Kay could give you the number 52 in private. You could then make a public post saying, "52 is enthusiastic, resourceful, helpful and caring". Only Kay would know that you were writing about her. Obviously you could tell her in private, but that wouldn't be a "game".

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it's kinda a waste of my time for me. Since you need to do this and that.
    Last week, all you have to do is change your profile pic and it's done. :)