Facebook Now Lets Me Page Ban Fans And Spammers

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by TheEntreprenette, Sep 29, 2010.

1. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

Facebook has made a significant upgrade to their pages product, enabling you to report spammers and ban people who have made any abusive comments.

This is something that many people have struggled with as their pages grew in popularity.

There is no doubt that administrators will welcome this new form of moderation.

Regards

Jo

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good update. I myself have banned a couple of persons who spam my fanpage with "work at home" scam sites.
    But luckily, I have filtering on my page so that the admin's posts will onl be the one showing publicly while those post be fans can be access by clicking on the "Just Others" filter. This way, even before this update came, I can limit the activity of spammers.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is a good move, the quality and usefulness of fan pages will improve now that Admins can ban spammers and other problem members from using them. That's good for FaceBook and the owners of the Fan Pages alike.

4. SissyBard

SissyBard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a lot of work to moderate comments and ban people. For business pages, I usually don't allow comments since the main purpose is to post updates related to the business.

5. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have our company Fan Page, even though I haven't used this Facebook feature, but it is surely a useful function for administrators to prevent spam & junk.

Thanks for sharing however, I wasn't aware I have this magic stick that I can use.