Facebook Like Site

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by rickyponting66, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rickyponting66

rickyponting66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Please review my facebook like site..
    1-q.org

hows it?
    need your kind comments & suggestions ;)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Honestly, I've seen a few of those FaceBook like sites and I don't really know how they work. Adding an about page, would help greatly, to teach people what the site is about and how they could use it.

The design is smart and professional. However, it might help to give it a bit of uniqueness by including a logo or other image in the header area.

The domain name could be difficult for your visitors to remember, or perhaps it has some relevance that I'm not familiar with?

Good luck with it!

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like Fergal, I don't really understand why it was created and how to use it. And I agree with the "About page" wherein you will tell visitors what's the site for. And maybe a "How to Use" tutorial page to teach new users. I think it's also best to add a "What is this for?" page to basically tell people what's the use of these like pages and the like.

The site seems to be minimalistic and have simple design. But it wouldn't hurt if you can add a header with your site's logo.
    And I think it will be better is you can also add a favicon.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the design is too bland and somewhat unappealing. I'd like to see some relation to FB, maybe with colors, or button types. Something to make your site unique would make it stand out from the rest. You could possibly find ways to niche your FB Likes topics (eg. games, people, random, school, politics etc.) so people can find them easier.

5. MsMicaela

MsMicaela
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello ricky!

I guess what you're trying to do is create a "hub" of pages of interest for Facebook users. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. :)

First, the layout is nice and neat. But that doesn't cut it. It needs to be eye-catching and recognizable. Use more Blues and Whites I guess if you're aiming for FB users to recognize it as part of FB.

For the Likes pages, it would be nice if there were thumbnails of the picture that the pages actually use. Maybe a short description as well in smaller font or when you hover your mouse above the page name would be nice to inform users what the page is about.

You might also want to have an option for alphabetizing categories. Sometimes people can't think of ideas straight off the bat and want to go through a list like a dictionary.

Let us know how it goes. :)

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

basically you just have to write something like a tweet and then you click LIKE. i do think you just created that site purposely just for that domain not to sit around. but if its not true, then you definitely need a designer.

7. rickyponting66

rickyponting66
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, thanks to all of you.. and ofcourse i'll work on the about page :)

8. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe Facebook Like sites is more an idea of a directory which includes the Facebook Fan pages. It is therefore important, that you first create a database of Fan Pages on Facebook and then categorize them. This idea is really great and might be adopted by many. But the most important factor is the user experience. If you segregate the Fan pages into proper categories then it will certainly make it easy for the user to navigate through your website & thus make the best use of it.

I hope this helps./