Facebook invites

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by tmatthews, Sep 10, 2010.

1. tmatthews

tmatthews
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On Facebook, how do I see a list of people that I've sent a friend request to, including those that i've invited through the 'find friends you email' facility (just to check that the invite was successfully sent to these)?

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They would have a pop out box that said your friend requested had been send and it is awaiting for that person approval. I think you can't see a list of friends you added.

Here is an image:

[​IMG]

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

50Cent is that the pop up that appears when you hover over someone's name in FaceBook?

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can see them on your Account Settings > Edit Friends.
    But you need to browse all your list to see the ones you have added and haven't replied on your request.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can you please explain that a little more GekiDan? When I look at the list it just shows people that I am friends with. How do I view a list of people I've sent a friend request to, but who have not accepted my request?

6. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use the 'Edit Friends' section to see people you have "invited to join Facebook" but have not yet joined, but not to keep track of which existing users you have sent friend requests to but have not accepted.

From Facebook
    It's actually a fairly annoying omission from Facebook, that irritates a lot of users.

7. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a feature that's been crying out for attention for a very long time. The only reason I can think that they don't do it is so that you can't see who has quietly ignored your request.

8. tmatthews

tmatthews
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you reuest a friend to join you on facwbook it says 'Friend request pending' beside their name / picture in your friends list until they accept your request. This is fine. But when you use the facility 'Invite contacts from your email account', can you see a list of people that were sent this invite? Thanks

9. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope that is not the pop when you hover over someone name. It is the confirmation of friend added.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

tmatthews did you try looking at the 'Edit Friends' section as mentioned above? Did that work for you?

11. marthareyusa123

marthareyusa123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you can use the 'Edit Friends' section to view the people you have "invited to join Facebook" but have not yet joined.You need to browse the whole friend list to know who have accepted your friend request and if someone hasn't accepted your friend request then you'll get " request awaiting" message besides their name.

12. tmatthews

tmatthews
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes this works if you have gone in the usual way of bringing up someones profile and then clicking on the 'invite as friends' button. But I have used the 'Invite contacts from your email account' method. (there are hundreds of emails on my list!). These ones are not listed in the list you mention (i.e. the people I have "invited to join Facebook" in the 'Edit Friends' section)???

13. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are the only ones that are fully listed and filterable for easy access. You just need to navigate to the right page.