Facebook for Ads?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by hcted, Jul 3, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone personally used Facebook to advertise their business? If not paid, then the free 'page creation' system?

I don't advertise on FB because I am cheap but their page system works well. I created a page on some random commercial I think, and it got like 100 people liking it. Well if you have that many people looking at the status updates, imagine updating your status with your link every once in a while? Or just using pages as the ads. They work pretty well but not great.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been an admin on many Facebook pages and all of them are related to my niche. I regularly post links there to my blog everytime an news comes out. But I only post to a page wherein the news category belongs. This way, I can get members to visit my blog.

I even have a Facebook fan page for my blog wherein the links to my blog are auto posted after I made the post.

3. waez.tech

waez.tech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it really worth to advertise on Facebook? I hope they will soon accept Paypal for source of funds. What can you say about the facebook classified app? Why do some people say it's a spam?

4. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They say it is spam? I think Facebook ads are the smallest and most unintrusive ads I have seen on a site. You can even X out the ads.

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook ads allow you to do really, really targeted advertising.

I agree with GekiDan and I recently networked my blog to my facebook wall which again makes life so much easier.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook already does accept Paypal from advertisers. They rolled that out last month and I posted it here.

http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=11164

Sorry, hcted, never used them myself.

7. OneLife

OneLife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used Facebook for a small campaign and found it to be pretty good. Targeting-wise it is excellent.