Facebook business page

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Mountain Man, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone created a page on facebook for your business? What have been the results? I have been thinking about it but I don't see how it would be of any use for us. We are a small communications and wiring company, our target market is small to medium sized business'. I see how it could benifit a bar or night club.

2. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a few Facebook business pages with my main motivation one as an example. I think it is worthwhile since I noticed that I have many people who 'Liked' my business pages who are not yet my Facebook friends on my personal page. There is an audience at Facebook and I can see traffic coming from there to my websites.

3. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see what you mean by it being more beneficial to certain types of business. Have you tried advertising on it yet?, maybe trial it for a month. I tried it with a small business and got nothing from it at all, google was much better for getting the business in.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Mountain Man, great to see you here again and I hope your business is going very well. We have a thread with BAF members' Facebook pages here - Post Your Facebook Business Page Here.

We have one set up for BAF, I use it for posting the occasional piece of news about the site and for giving some publicity to our site of the day. However, I haven't promoted it that much.

I've liked the business pages of quite a few businesses in my home town and I believe that those pages are working well for those businesses. By way of example, one of the businesses that I have liked is an ink cartridge store, there are quite a few places in town where I could buy a cartridge for my printer but I only know of one of them to have a FaceBook page.

They update their page regularly and I see those updates when I visit FaceBook, which keeps their business in top of my mind. It is also an easy way for me to ask them a quick question, e.g. I asked them what their opening hours were via FaceBook, much easier than looking up their number and phoning them. Anyway, I bought a new cartridge for my printer yesterday and you can guess where I bought it. If I had been following a different store and their prices were reasonable I probably would have bought it from them. So they do work to some extent and it isn't difficult to set one up.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook have 7 million user, by created a business lading page, more or less you will benefit from that. As you never create such thing for your business, so you unable to feel the power of social media.

Google understand how important of social media, so they created Google+ to against Facebook like.

6. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anything from Facebook can be very beneficial. Specially fan page and your business account alone. It will give you traffic and popularity to your site as well. Just know how to manage a fan page well and it will turn out just fine.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

every "likes" on facebook is posted on the wall of the user. so definitely you'll gain traffic and people would be aware about the existence of your business.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

#8 Oquotes, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all for your replies. I have created a page but it is unpublished as of now. My two hesitations are this:
    1. Is facebook mainly for young people? My business is a communications service company which is no benefit to teenagers or young people.
    2. My business is completely local so having hundreds of friends from more than 100 miles away is of no use to me.

10. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mountain Man for your question#1 I'd say facebook was created for the youngsters but it has gained popularity to such an extent and now has people of every age. Point#2 I see that your business does not involve working on the internet but it requires work done physically so in that sense you are absolutely right that a like from 100 miles away is useless. Its worth a try to make a page but I think it won't be of much use.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

FaceBook has a broad spectrum of users across all age groups and you you will probably find that a sizeable proportion of your target market are regularly using FaceBook. Mountain Man most of the people who like your FaceBook business page, will be people who have a genuine interest in your business and the services you are providing. So although you will inevitably get followers who will be of no benefit to your business, you should also get people liking your page who are in your target market and giving them regular reminders of your business and what it does, can only be to your benefit.

12. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I have created page on facebook and saw that more visitors has come through this reference social networking site.

13. hostgrant

hostgrant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only the official representative of an organization, business, celebrity, or band may create a Facebook Page. The Page creator can then add other representatives to help them manage the Page. Each Page admin will be able to update and edit their Pages from their own accounts.

In addition, Page names may not solely use the generic term for the category of products or services you offer (e.g. "beer" or "pizza"). Those Page names that merely refer to generic categories (e.g. "Photography" instead of "Joe's Wedding Photography") may have their administrative rights automatically removed. Also note that once a Page has been created, you will not be able to edit the Page name.

Web hosting provider, Web hosting in pakistan

14. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only issues I currently have with Facebook are that it's sometimes very clunky with too many things going on the page. The other challenge is to get more of the Facebook friends I have (most whom I personally do not know) to get over to my business pages since that's where I want to put most of my focus. Sometimes I feel there's an overlap between my personal and business pages. There's definitely a lot of garbage that gets on my personal page with invites to things I would never attend to requests for games and even tags for photos I'm not in.

15. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I created a facebook page for the website I work for, but generally get more traffic through other sources. I see it as more of a social thing for personal stuff, rather than for news.

16. zaccolbert

zaccolbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on your target market in my opinion. By all means set up a Facebook page for your business but don't expect results immediately and if you do want results the key is engagement. Post relevant content - not just text comments but video and photos too - and perhaps more importantly talk to the people that post on your wall, engage, communicate, then you can make it worth it. Facebook has an analytics package called Insight which measures your Business FB profile via a number of different metrics, use this to see if you're achieving your goals or not

17. HorizonPath.net

HorizonPath.net
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook will be as successful as the energy you put into it. In my opinion, it doesn't work so well as a static site like many websites. It works well by networking! If you don't like using it, then don't do it. If you like networking on Facebook, then make it work for you. Personally, I don't work mine enough as I spend more time in other areas than marketing right now. But I know many who have a lot of success with it. It remains to be seen, but I suspect the social media scene will start to drop off as it becomes more saturated. Nobody will be able to keep up with it! But this is not the case right now, so you might as well give it some lovin.

18. Frasier

Frasier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing information.
    Facebook business page is very important and play a vital role in the business success. In Facebook business page many customer
    visit the page and tell about the products and demand.This is better way to communicate with customer.

19. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main thing to remember is that Facebook is NOT a business site, it is a social media network and you need to approach it as such. 99% of the people who join Facebook do it because they want to find friends and make connections, not to be pitched a sales spiel.

The only way that you are going to get anyone to follow you is to become or at least to show yourself as an expert or a leader. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by creating a Group and a Fan page.

Leaders are usually friends with other leaders. This is probably one of the best Facebook Marketing ideas. Every day you should go into Facebook and look for groups that are pertinent to your niche. You are going to join such groups and look for those who seem to be the experts, the leaders, and you are going to send them friends requests. Do this for about 25 people everyday and you will see how they become links for other people to find you.

20. Northindia

Northindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello,

I have also created page on facebook and more visitors has come through this reference social networking site.many people add in my profile who 'Liked' my business pages and i have shared many theme and content about my business.